What's new

Quotes from the Pacers' forums-"By 20? At home? To the Jazz?? I'm sorry. I got nothin'."

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
https://twitter.com/pacers

https://www.reddit.com/r/pacers/comments/82pb1k/game_thread_indiana_pacers_3727_vs_utah_jazz_3430/

http://www.nba.com/pacers/rewind-pacers-jazz-180307

https://www.facebook.com/pacers/

https://www.pacersdigest.com/forum/the-digest/indiana-pacers/3335181-game-65-pacers-vs-jazz

https://www.indycornrows.com/2018/3/7/17092306/jazz-vs-pacers-game-thread-lineups-tv-info-and-more

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1682735

Beat them in Utah so no reason the Pacers can't beat them at home. Gopher was out last game, so I'll give them that.

Gobert is so awesome. To think he hasn't been voted an Allstar

The guys out in the desert have the Pacers as a 1 point dog tonight. I know the Jazz have been playing great with Gobert back, but a little surprised to see Indy as a dog.

With a win on Wednesday, the Pacers would sweep the regular season series with the Jazz for the first time since the 2014-15 season.

Donovan Mitchell is a stud. Would love to shut him down.

Wow we look like dog meat.

Pacers can't buy a shot for all the gold in Ft Knox.

CoJo did a good job on the rook but Rubio outplayed Vic. didn't expect that.

Bad loss. 12 assists to 30 yuck

Not to mention Rudy Gobert is all about defending our entire team inside so that his teammates can defend the outside.

Dang, Mitchell has range.

Jazz defense apparently the greatest of all time

Can we make a shot? Seems like we've missed every shot since the Jazz took a timeout.

Once again Vegas is confusing me on the Pacers. Latest line has us as a +1.5 underdog.... at home....

Jazz has came out to hand a butt whooping and we’re just taking it cmon guys

Would have been nice to get Rubio when his value was low but his value is kind of high right now

Utah runs a really nice offense, they did the same thing with ball stopper Hill last year.

The Jazz defending the 3 point line so well is because Gobert has the inside covered against Myles and Domas (too tall).
The Jazz shooting 35.5% from deep is also influenced by how our centers defend the inside. Partially of course.
Gobert is way taller than Sabonis, but this is exactly where the defense from Turner should come into play. Not good enough (yet).

Gobert is way better than Hibbert ever was.

Does Joe Ingles have the ultimate dad bod?

Glad I missed this turd fest

Did we have a game tonight? apparently no one knew it…including the players.

Synder is a really great coach. I think he could be a top 5 coach in this league. He just understands his team and what to do against the opposition.

Getting their *** whipped and it sure doesn’t feel like one of those comebacks either

This is a complete disaster.

Damn Rudy! Sorry for calling you Gopher, god damn!

Sabonis/Goberts is a total mismatch.

Buzz-saw tonight. Gotta just take this loss and move on

Is that Steve Nash playing point for Utah?

I guess Rudy Gobert made that much of a difference(he wasn't in our last meeting)

Utah has the best offense in the league, imo. I think we're NBA champs with Quinn Snyder coaching the offense for Vogel.

Jazz are the Pacers of the West. If we were in a better position I wouldn't feel bad losing to them, but that can't happen tonight.

He plays so much like dame scoring wise it's scary

He’s going to be so good if he stays injury free.

Why does the Jazz coach look like he's on smack?

Donovan Mitchell is a future MVP. I see him winning it next year. He's just to damn good, and as a rookie? Sorry but hes locking that **** up next year

That is some Lillard **** right there. What a beast

God damn he's already one of my favorite players to watch

I get a tingling feeling in my peepee when I see this man play

This kid is a ****ing STAR.

This kid is ridiculous

We need Jae Crowder to revert to Cleveland Crowder

Quinn Snyder is my hero.

I'm honestly pissed Rubio got that rebound.

**** we're jingled

I mean if Crowder and Rubio weren’t on fire from 3 it’d be a tie game. Starters are playing fine against one of the hottest team in the league rn

Maybe jazz will be tired after all that running? Nah probably not.

Rubio can't freaking miss...

Favors: .211 three point shooter. Why not

Turnover and a fast break bucket given up... exactly how I wanted the first possession to go

Okay this is just bad luck this game. Their normally awful shooters just can't miss.

New Jazz defensive strategy: leave everyone open. They’ll just miss.

Rubio looks like the kind of guy who thinks he’s really ****ing cool, and he’s probably right.

As of right now, the 3 point line does not exist in the Fieldhouse. Drive dammit

Seems like half the crowd is cheering for Utah

Am I crazy or is Joe Ingles just more consistent Bojan?

Our bench has been impressively bad tonight.

I must confess, I didn't know the Jazz had been playing so well recently.

Gotta quit leaving the Jazz OPEN

His presence in the paint is just unreal. You'd think that offenses weren't allowed to try to shoot in in the restricted area if watching Gobert was your first time seeing basketball

he is easily the most impactful defender this season imo. just give him the DPOY even tho he missed some games

He's also been key in their offense. Ingles-Gobert pick and rolls create a lot off issues

Rudy Robert is good at defense? Now that's a hot take.

Pacers will bounce back. Rooting for the Jazz in the west, they look like a really fun team to watch

McMillan: “It’s a good defensive team. I don’t think we got clear looks. We were playing against a set defense all night long. The game was at their tempo. We could not get any stops to get out and get some easy opportunities.”

By 20? At home? To the Jazz?? I'm sorry. I got nothin'.

Losing to a **** team. No excuses next time.....

· That **** team has won 14 of 16 and 9 in a row on the road. Also plays in the Western Conference

2/22 3 pt shooting...cut all the salaries in half

I’m gonna pretend like this game didn’t happen.

We just had a terrible night ALL around couldn't shoot the three but gave up the three to many offensive rebounds AND ABSOLUTELY NO ANSWER FOR MITCHELL OR GOBERT!

What happened????

You're probably never going to win a game going 3/23 from 3. Especially when the defensive effort is atrocious and ****ing Ricky Rubio is going off on offense. On to the next one, gotta be better.

Don't like losing, but I like the Jazz too much. This doesn't hurt as much as a blowout loss at home to a tanking team (unfortunately that's happened a little too often)

What the heck was that

Joe Ingles throws a towel in the face of Jazz Announcer Matt Harpring

· Boi just got Jingled

· I can't tell if Joe Ingles is 25 or 45

· Joe Ingles looks like that dude you see sitting at the bus stop who you can’t tell if he’s homeless or not.

· "hey kid. catch." "wow! thanks, mean joe ingles"

· Would never wash my face again

· You either die a hero, or live long enough to become the villain.

· Jingles might be my favorite player who isn’t on my team

"They showed why they are definitely one of the hottest teams in the league when the team is healthy. When they're playing as well as they're playing, they're tough to beat." -McMillan

The Jazz had 30 assists on 41 field goals on Wednesday. The Pacers, conversely, had just 12 assists on the night — only one more than their season low, set three days earlier in a win in Washington.

Last edited by a moderator:
And we are NOT healthy! hahahah. Sefolosha is out for the season and Exum has yet to play a game.

You know the Mean Joe Green commercial he's quoting? If not, you need to Google it.
Oh, I know exactly what it came from. My response reading that quote just surprised me. It helped that I had seen the towel toss before I read it.

Someone needs to take the video of Jingles throwing the towel in his face and overlay the audio from the “Thanks, Mean Joe!” Commercial to it.

Gobert is better than Hibbert ever was.

Understatement of the century

Jazz defense apparently the greatest of all time
This guy has it right! Overall I enjoyed the responses, lots of love for Gobert and Mitchell. Also, who would've thought another fan base would have been wishing they had gotten Rubio while his value was low two months ago. Thanks again JA.

Seeing things like the Defensive Rating chart of Rudy's defensive impact bring back my feelings of anger about last years DPOY result.