What's new

Quotes from the Pistons' forums-"So who here took the over on 300 points tonight?"

JazzAvenues

2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Pre Game

Seriously, the 8PM games are already pushing my bed time to the max

I’m ready to be hurt again

Can we get two losing streak records in the same season?

Livers is shooting 29% from the field this season. He shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting lineup. I have no idea what Monty is doing

1st Half

Jordan clarkson pushes off every single play and refs dont care

playing john collins at the 5 is certainly a move. is this common for the jazz to play small or are they clowning us?

Crazy that Jazz are going with Collins at Center instead of Kessler

Looks like its working, because they have won some games lately

Kessler is rim protection

This Fontecchio guy can hoop

Kessler would be perfect in a remake of Deliverance

Wow. Didn’t expect that at all. Great challenge damn.

How can Cade look so lethargic if and athletic at the same time

Keep attacking Kessler. He will get some blocks, but it would be great to foul him out.

The difference here is that Utah can bring guys like Kessler and Olynyk off the bench while we give minutes to Wiseman and Burks. Lord we need to actually sign dudes with that cap space this off-season

2nd Half

**** alec burks for making me cheer for him

ausar is our fifth pick and hes played 4 minutes. absolutely hate monty

We are going to score 140+, shoot 60%, and lose. Tells you everything you need to know.

Omg, Burks and Bogey being the veteran shooters we need? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN

Shoutout to our 58% from three, very cool and I expect these sustainable numbers to continue for the rest of our season

Bojan being consistently good at his age is special. Gg

The Utah jazz announcers are the most fair away announcers I’ve ever heard across any sport. I’m blown away.

Man. 109 pts thru 3 quarters and still no telling if we’re gonna be able to win

Walker was legit trying to help him balance. There is absolutely no hostile act there

This takes nuts on his head to a new level

HOLY **** HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Wtf was Duren doing, that was amazing lol

Lmao Johnny: "Bogi has the launch codes!"

Past two games got me thinking Fontecchio is a god damn superstar

Honestly if burks didn't have a 30 game stretch of dog **** basketball ball we probably be 500

We might just be a normal bad team now instead of the worst in NBA history lol

Alec just redeemed himself BIG TIME

Omfg Burks. I didn’t think I could ever feel real excitement about this team ever again but just for that brief moment in time, I did. Thank you Alec Burks

our first challenge win.

The one game burks isn't a liability is wasted by Monty keeping Livers on the court while Ivey languished on the bench

WTF ARE WE WATCHING A CLASSIC !!!!

The jazz are going to play this entire overtime at the foul line. Absolute insanity

Jazz point record lol

ALEC BURKS SORRY FOR ALL THE **** WE GIVE YOU, but still **** you

I just had the weirdest boner pop up from that

Best shot Burks ever scored in his life

JEEEEEEEEEEEESUS CHRIST ALEC BURKS WHAT WAS THAT

omg what a basketball game.

i dont think i've ever watched this kinda of clutch 3 after clutch 3 in years!

Guys. I don’t want many pistons game and I have Utah ML, but holy hell what an ending to this game. That shot was amazing!

BURKS X BOGIE LEGACY GAME

I never in a million years thought Burks would hit that 3

Lauri hits a 3 over Killian with 4.4 left and Burks hits a 28-footer at the buzzer to send it to OT!

Burks and Bojan miss the easy shots and hit the impossible ones lmao

I'm going to check myself into an institution. Something is wrong with me if I keep watching this team.

This ****ing team cant catch a break.

Jazz just wont miss.

How we have a chance to lose when Bojan and Burks combine for 60 is beyond me.

Pistons GOTY, this is a dogfight.

That was a once a year shot for Burks. Get out on a high note, bud.

This Fontecchio guy kills us

I'm the guy that took the pistons moneyline and the under total points.. AMA

I admire the dedication the Pistons have by pissing away every opportunity they have for a possible W

I hate so much when Alec Burks does good things because I know it means we have to watch more Alec Burks

Get Bojan off this terrible team and onto a team with a serious coach and cohesive squad.

Best shooting game probably ever and somehow manage to lose sadly, somehow

Why does Lauri M look like Butters from South Park?

Can't believe I stayed up to watch us blow a lead to a guy with a bunch of baby tattoos

Burks cant even take olynyk off the dribble

Kessler on the bench: No interior defense by Jazz, we're getting some easy shots around there.

Monty needs to match Kessler minutes with the most "spacing" we have, take Kessler out of the paint

What the **** even is this game

Where the Hell has THIS team been all year?

Hustle, defense, ball movement?!

Good lord. I saw how high the score was and thought it was over. There is 4 minutes left? Wtf?!? How old am I?

I want a player like Colin sexton so bad

Bogeyyyyy what a killer. Too bad we are wasting his career

trade Burks immediately after this game!!! Gotta get him gone while he’s still hot!

For someone that’s meant to be good defensively, every Livers defensive possession he’s dancing cha cha

Bogeys value never been higher after tonight, Troy thinking he a genius

We’re on an incredible offensive heater and still can’t pull away.

How does clarkson get these calls

DUDE I HATE LIVERS WITH EVEYRY FIBER OF MY BEING

Wow. I’ve only watched a few games this year. I’ve read how bad Livers is. I had no idea how obviously bad he is at sports.

I WANNA SLEEP but damn we doing work

NO ****ING WAY BURKS??? WHERE HAS THIS BEEN

This Jazz team is straight cheeks we better win this game (I say this knowing our team is even worse than they are).

Burks guarding lauri is the worst idea I’ve ever seen

THIS IS THE MOST INSANE ENDING TO A GAME I EVER SEEN

Miracles do happen!!!! Holy **** Burks

Holy **** 4 clutch 3s in a row from both teams. That **** was so cold lmao

WTF this is legit one the best games of the season in the NBA

Of course the jazz have their best shooting night while we also do smhmyhead

2 jump balls in a row is kinda wild

16 on jazz looks like he got hickies on his neck

That is probably one of the best games we have had offensively this year and we still lost. Obviously we are terrible defensively tho. Just frustrating to basically be up the entire game and fumble in the last few minutes like that. We never had a chance in OT.

I think this is the game where I just take a break from watching. Stayed up to watch us give up 150+. This isn’t Detroit basketball

If Jeffrey Epstein was on the bench, Monty would put him in right now

Post-Game

BURKS FOR THREE TO TAKE THE GAME TO OVERTIME!!

Hahaha leaving 2 players with 5 fouls and can't defend... Great coach maybe he just want to lose more than 28 hahaha

oh cool a 300 point game loss

Not when they play Kessler and Markkanen. If Bogey is the 4 they are scoring every single time downs the court or getting every rebound until they do

Ausar, our best defensive player, 11 minutes while we gave up 150 points.

Best offensive game of the season and still can’t fall into a win because the defense is so bad

I'm curious when the last time before tonight the Pistons had a trio of players score 94 points and managed to lose.

Having multiple plays where Cade is the guy parked in the corner is just the worst way you could use your star

**** the refs, **** Monty Williams, **** Isaiah Livers and **** Killian Hayes

Voldemonty giving big minutes to the Death Streakers for another historic run:

Alec Qaeda

ISIS Livers

Cambodia Killian Fields

James Heistman

Any other coach in the association wins this game. Any other coach in this position would know you have to prioritize developing the young core over washed vets that can't play defense. There's no excuse for giving ISIS Livers thirty minutes, while sitting Ivey almost the entire second half and overtime, especially when it was clear Ivey shot hot and was playing the best on the team tonight. Anyone who defends Voldemonty after this game is a dense fool.

Nothing like being a 3-33 team and not even playing the dudes you drafted.

Hell of a development plan Monty has in place.

This would have been such a morale boost to win. It was a great game, and realistically we should have won. Cade returned to form after the Houston outing, Bojan's best game of the season, and Burke was hot for the night. We should have won.

Congrats on losing your highest scoring game in 40 years.

So who here took the over on 300 points tonight

We made shots, they made shots.. they just made more of them.

If we were to trade for Sexton, Clarkston or Kessler.. just wondering if their unseen talent of being able to get superstar whistles and/or respect is included, regardless of team

Also most points a Jazz opponent has scored in this arena.

Starting five all score 10+, two double-doubles, three players with 25+ and the bench with a strong +- while scoring 145+ with 53/46/77 shooting sure doesn't sound like a loss but here we are

Losing a game when you scored 138 in regulation would be . . . something.

86 points from Bojan, Cade, and Burks in regulation.

We are still scoring at 59.7%. 55.6% from 3. INSANE.

First to 200 wins?

This game is absurd

glad the game was competitive throughout but i haven't watched a game like that in a long time where it felt like neither team could miss. both teams shot over 50% from the floor and over 45% from 3.

Funnest game this season
2. The refs were awful. Even the replay early on that gave Kessler a block was a clear foul
3. Jaden Ivey is a great teammate. Celebrating Burks the entire fourth quarter
4. Lol at Cade telling Duren to put Burks down
5. Cade cooks players when he’s pissed

What a miserable game to watch. Two old guys chucking a bunch of shots even when some go down while Cade meanders around doing nothing and a zero like Livers eats up all the 4th quarter minutes while Ausar gets some token bench minutes. Just a neverending miserable season.

Maybe I'm being a buzzkill in what's an overtime game but watching a game led by old guys is no fun for me in a 3-31 season.

Pistons and Jazz matches should not be this exciting, but it’s been 2 great games in as many weeks.

Game of the year presented by THE Detroit Pistons. Thank you for your service boys I won’t forget

this was the ugliest game of basketball I’ve ever seen. Game of the ****ing year.

Keep attacking Kessler. He will get some blocks, but it would be great to foul him out.
6eLMRqI.gif