What's new

Quotes from wife, kids, friends...

latin jazz

I was thinking. What are some of the most interesting/sharpest/funnier observations that people around you (who may know little about basketball or more than you think...) make about the Jazz. For instance, my wife made some of these the last few weeks:
  • "Ricky Rubio, Ricky Rubio, Ricky Rubio...wait. ¿Where is he? I loved how his name sounds". Right...
  • "Why is your team always playing close games? Didn't you tell me your team was going to destroy the other one?". This was during the GSW game...
  • "How many jerseys does your team have? Every time I see they have a different one". She is right.
  • "That Mike Conley has a funny face, like he makes everyone around him smile".
  • "Who is that coach who looks like he is going to explode all the time? Anyway, yours look scary". She was referring to Pops.
She is gold.

Last edited:
My wife, who is from Puerto Rico, sometimes uses creative English. Here was her comments after watching Lillard play when she visited Portland last year:

“The Portland Blazing Trailers have this one good player. He’s small, but he throws the ball from far away and it goes into the goal.”

Another one from my wife:
  • "Oh look, the cheerleaders again!. That's, your favorite part of the game uh. So, explain it to me, why do you need cheerleaders in sports?". She has a point, it mostly happens in US

Say to the wife, hey reckon that one looks fat?

Say to the wife, hey reckon that one looks fat?

I always turn around like "What cheerleaders? Where?" I just turn again to watch when they show Matt Harpring, the ballboys or some random game with fans they usually play during timeouts. And she is like "there, in the background, boobies, legs". I just play it dumb, always safer haha. It's all good fun.

Last edited:
Too boring for them while you were too excited? Like "look! that's an amazing Rudy screen assist!!!"

Nah most of the games are normally in the afternoons here, my folks do dialysis 3 days a week in front of our giant tellie and aren't sports fans, I basically tell them to die or get out of the way cause there's a game on. Additionally numerous girlfriends have had their afternoons ruined by me watching Jazz games. I have no regrets.

I'm always turn around like "What cheerleaders? Where?" I just turn again to watch when they show Matt Harpring, the ballboys or some random game with fans they usually play during timeouts. And she is like "there, in the background, boobies, legs". I just play it dumb, always safer haha. It's all good fun.

Why play it safe? Poke the bear!!!!

Nah most of the games are normally in the afternoons here, my folks do dialysis 3 days a week in front of our giant tellie and aren't sports fans, I basically tell them to die or get out of the way cause there's a game on. Additionally numerous girlfriends have had their afternoons ruined by me watching Jazz games. I have no regrets.
They dialyze at home?

At work:

"I haven't watched the Jazz since 1998. They were supposed to be soooo good, but they let one man beat them in the Finals."

From a friend who was asking what's my favorite team:

"Utah Jazz???!!!? I guess that's fine as long as you are not a Lakers fan"