What's new

Race for the 31st pick

Currently our pick is in 31st place as Washington went winless in February. Their next game is against the Jazz at Utah.
My brain is going through all the calculations… must play game. It is important this game is scheduled and completed.

I’m a little fuzzy on the details but I remember Trey Burke hitting the game winner against Minnesota in a game that impacted us on both ends, with our record and Minnesota’s, that meant a change in position at the end of the year because of that one shot. If there’s a game to lose, it’s against the Wizards. I really doubt it, though. Unless Ryan and DA are suiting up.

I’m a little fuzzy on the details but I remember Trey Burke hitting the game winner against Minnesota in a game that impacted us on both ends, with our record and Minnesota’s, that meant a change in position at the end of the year because of that one shot. If there’s a game to lose, it’s against the Wizards. I really doubt it, though. Unless Ryan and DA are suiting up.
Wiz have been frisky lately. Ya never know.

Go Pistons Tonight! Or do we think we have a legitimate chance of passing Brooklyn in the tank race?
We definitely want the nets to win. That wiz pick is basically locked in at 31 or 32 which isn't a big deal between the 2. The possible 1 pick difference in the top 10 matters a lot more and it improves our odds of jumping into the top 4.

We definitely want the nets to win. That wiz pick is basically locked in at 31 or 32 which isn't a big deal between the 2. The possible 1 pick difference in the top 10 matters a lot more and it improves our odds of jumping into the top 4.

I understand your logic, but I'm all in on Detroit not being the worst team this year.

I didn't think the Jazz had a chance to catch Brooklyn, but it's looking more and more possible. Kind of exciting and depressing at the same time.

Ya I'm rooting for the nets

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Big game tonight for the race to not be the worst team. The Pistons are at home against Charlotte. They are actually favored to win. Washington has won a few games now, so this one is critical.

I genuinely wonder if we plan on keeping or trading this pick. Seems like a high second-rounder would have value to a team up against the apron that might exceed the value to the Jazz, unless they've got a player targeted.

I genuinely wonder if we plan on keeping or trading this pick. Seems like a high second-rounder would have value to a team up against the apron that might exceed the value to the Jazz, unless they've got a player targeted.
I would bet large sums of money that one of the late first or this pick is moved if we keep our top 10 pick. We gonna roster 6 rookie/sophomores?

Having it be 31 or 32 and having a whole night to try and trade it (draft is two nights now) I would bet this is the pick that gets moved.

We gonna roster 6 rookie/sophomores?
Logically no but part of being that opportunist is being ready to roll with situations that don't make sense... win for the first part of the season and then trade everyone to tank and get #9. Keep all three first round picks when you'll have two sophomores (three technically). Don't bring in a real PG but don't also signal that you're tanking. Trade people and decide you're going to tank. I wouldn't entirely put 6 rookies and sophomores out of the realm of possibility. I mean, we had that this year if you count Simone. I don't think DA would have as much of a problem with it as he's currently waiting for and expecting something to eventually fall out of the sky.

I would bet large sums of money that one of the late first or this pick is moved if we keep our top 10 pick. We gonna roster 6 rookie/sophomores?

Having it be 31 or 32 and having a whole night to try and trade it (draft is two nights now) I would bet this is the pick that gets moved.

I wouldn't put it past DA to trade the pick just so he doesn't have to show up for the second day.

My guess is we end up using the late 1st and early 2nd pick to move up into the 22-25 range to target a guy. I would keep an eye on the suns who are in salary hell so getting 2 prospects on dirt cheap contracts may be of interest.

I didn't realize they had changed it to 2 nights. That kind of sucks since I'm assuming that also means the time between picks in both rounds is going to be increased. Personally I think with the increased depth with international players the draft should be increased to 3 rounds and turn the gleague into more of a baseball type of minor league.

Logically no but part of being that opportunist is being ready to roll with situations that don't make sense... win for the first part of the season and then trade everyone to tank and get #9. Keep all three first round picks when you'll have two sophomores (three technically). Don't bring in a real PG but don't also signal that you're tanking. Trade people and decide you're going to tank. I wouldn't entirely put 6 rookies and sophomores out of the realm of possibility. I mean, we had that this year if you count Simone. I don't think DA would have as much of a problem with it as he's currently waiting for and expecting something to eventually fall out of the sky.
Yeah I'm not sure. If there are guys they like I could see it I guess. I think more likely they move 31 for a bunch of seconds one of which is late in this draft that you can give a two-way to. I also can see one of the late picks paired with John Collins or Jordan Clarkson in a trade for something with less or better salary that might fit better. I don't think Bronny comes out this year but that pick would also be perfect for the Lakers to acquire by eliminating protections and giving us another second in 2027.

31 is a good trade chip in a lot of cases and I think we will likely be taking offers. Its DL's dream... lots of inbound calls.

I didn't realize they had changed it to 2 nights. That kind of sucks since I'm assuming that also means the time between picks in both rounds is going to be increased. Personally I think with the increased depth with international players the draft should be increased to 3 rounds and turn the gleague into more of a baseball type of minor league.
I liked having one night for it all... I will likely watch until we make our pick and then bounce on night 2. I don't like this change personally... I can see some reasons they did it though.

I liked having one night for it all... I will likely watch until we make our pick and then bounce on night 2. I don't like this change personally... I can see some reasons they did it though.

Did teams have less time on the clock for their pick in the second round than the first round? It seems like that was the case and so I'm sure it will be nice for the teams to have a little bit more time to make deals.

From a FO standpoint I can see where they would want to split it up. It feels like the most amount of trades happen in the second round, so before they had less time to do more work.

From a league perspective there is no downside, they get a chance to make a little more money.

From a fan perspective I don't care that much. As long as the first round isn't dragged out too much. I won't watch the second round now, just like I didn't watch the second round before.

Did teams have less time on the clock for their pick in the second round than the first round? It seems like that was the case and so I'm sure it will be nice for the teams to have a little bit more time to make deals.

From a FO standpoint I can see where they would want to split it up. It feels like the most amount of trades happen in the second round, so before they had less time to do more work.

From a league perspective there is no downside, they get a chance to make a little more money.

From a fan perspective I don't care that much. As long as the first round isn't dragged out too much. I won't watch the second round now, just like I didn't watch the second round before.
The first round will continue to have five minutes between draft picks. For the second round, the time between draft picks will increase to four minutes from two minutes.