What's new

Radon Services

The Thriller

Just curious, have any of you installed any radon mitigation in your houses? We were looking to put one in soon. Our basement is unfinished so really either an interior option or exterior option (I assume) can be done. I’m not sure which is preferred. Have a pipe out by our ac unit or have a pipe through our garage and up through the attic? Both seem pretty non-intrusive to me. I don’t live inside the garage or look much at the corner of the house with the ac unit.

Have any of you done this before? We just a quote from Utah Radon.

We had a passive system put in when we had our house built. Can’t help with advice on the post-build installation unfortunately but that more or less sounds like what ours is. No fan.

Have you tested levels?

We had a passive system put in when we had our house built. Can’t help with advice on the post-build installation unfortunately but that more or less sounds like what ours is. No fan.

Have you tested levels?
Yeah, and they tested high. Not insanely high but high enough that it was recommended that we get a mitigation system. Just looking at options right now. Utah Radon services has been pretty competitive.

We had one installed in our old house when we bought (seller paid). Went out the basement wall. Piping system with internal fan. Had it tested when we sold and it was doing its job...