What's new

Raja at the ER

Dtol17

So last night I bumped into Raja at the ER. We chatted for a minute while waiting outside our rooms. Nothing too in depth or personal, I just asked him about his feelings regarding this whole fiasco, whether he would play Tuesday night, and briefly about lineup changes. Anyway, I know that he's playing for sure tonight, but I was wondering if anybody had heard anything specific about any family health concerns that could potentially keep him out of games in the future. He seemed pretty cool and collected, but he always does off the court, and his wife didn't seem to be okay as well so I'm assuming it's a problem with a child. Any idea of what this might be?

Let the Best Buy jokes commence.

No offense, but we don't need to know when a player's kid has a cold. It's no business of ours.

Last edited:
In my opinion, Raja's injuries/sickness are our business due to the public nature of his employment. Injuries and sickness in his family should stay in his family unless the player releases info publicly himself.

Yeah he missed practice the other day for personal reasons. I have been wondering what it was, so thanks.

A family member being sick, and whether he will miss games is an appropriate amount of information to give fans. Who, what type of sickness etc shouldn't be public info. I have been wondering this, and kudos to the media for not giving out personal information. I bet some of them know some details.

Ya, right, suuuure you talked to Raja.... Since when does Best Buy has an ER in it?

/sarcasm off

---
I hope everything in his family is okay. It's that time of the year when stuff's going around, especially here in Utah. My kids have all has respiratory virus' where they needed to take antibiotics and inhalers. Not fun. I feel for him if it's his kids.

So last night I bumped into Raja at the ER. We chatted for a minute while waiting outside our rooms. Nothing too in depth or personal, I just asked him about his feelings regarding this whole fiasco, whether he would play Tuesday night, and briefly about lineup changes. Anyway, I know that he's playing for sure tonight, but I was wondering if anybody had heard anything specific about any family health concerns that could potentially keep him out of games in the future. He seemed pretty cool and collected, but he always does off the court, and his wife didn't seem to be okay as well so I'm assuming it's a problem with a child. Any idea of what this might be?

I wonder if he'll request his release so that he can re-sign with a California based team in order to be closer to specialized hospitals in New York.

Nahh, nobody would ever do a thing like that. It makes no sense. I can't imagine why such a thought would cross my mind.

I wonder if he'll request his release so that he can re-sign with a California based team in order to be closer to specialized hospitals in New York.

Nahh, nobody would ever do a thing like that. It makes no sense. I can't imagine why such a thought would cross my mind.

This crap never gets old.

Did he give you any answers? You know I believe you bro!

Did he give you any answers? You know I believe you bro!

He was still a bit shocked about the Sloan thing but said he was honored and privileged to have learned from him over the years. He said he had every intention of playing in tonight's game but as we know, things can change. He also talked about how CJ really seems to take off in the starting role and is every bit as deserving to be a starter in this league as any of our wings but insisted that he had no idea what Ty would do and that any lineup change that would be made by him would be in the best interest for the team. Basically, he said all the right things. I'm guessing the only reason he said that much was because we've talked a few times in the past. Awesome guy, nonetheless. I hope everything is okay with his family.