What's new

Raja Bella

Please send him there. I would take a 2nd round pick in a heart beat. Plus, I would gets tons of laughs once Knicks fans and the national media realize Raja Bell isn't good anymore.

I would settle for a penny. Give the Jazz a penny and you can have Raja Bell. No questions asked.

I would accept a future draft pick, and by future I mean never.

That or the rights to Penny Marshall.

We may have to merge this with the Buckner thread.

Roger all ways trys to paint himself as an intelectual, so I was shocked to read this:

If I make 4 or 5 super teams wouldn’t that make Utah irrelevant?

Raja Bell:“Yeah I think there is something to that. I think surely if you end up with five or six super teams then you are going to create a problem for the Utah’s, the Sacramento’s, the Memphis’s....

Roger, it's Mephi in the plural.

Last edited:
Roger does make a good point here:

I mean if you wanted parity let’s say and you wanted a team like Memphis or Utah to compete…I heard an interesting take on it the other day. You should make it a one game playoff series. Then you have an opportunity for a lesser team really to beat a super team because on any given night you could have a team beat another team, but in a seven game series it’s pretty much impossible, so if you were looking for parity and a more entertaining product allowing more teams to compete maybe that is the solution.”

I would love to see a playoff series for teams that don't make the playoffs, and the all-star game replaced with a league wide single elimination tournament. The winners could get a %30 cut of the TV money for motivation. Losers have to vote a player off the island.

Of course if the league really wanted parity they could do it this season without a single player changing teams. 5 fouls per player, and no more 'superstar' calls. Make palming, and traveling a violation again, and technicals for Garnett & everyone else when he runs his mouth at opposing players.

I personally don't know why people think "super" NBA teams are going to take over the NBA. They're forgetting about egos and chemistry problems that will inevitably happen. Build your team around 2 great players and 7 solid ones, and you'll always have a chance if they play well with each other.

I would accept a future draft pick, and by future I mean never.

That or the rights to Penny Marshall.

We may have to merge this with the Buckner thread.

You can milk that schtick only so long guy. Who do you think you are, Mr. Heeheepeepeecaca himself?

That said, I would be happy to part with Bell for pretty much anything short of a castration.

Roger does make a good point here:

I would love to see a playoff series for teams that don't make the playoffs, and the all-star game replaced with a league wide single elimination tournament. The winners could get a %30 cut of the TV money for motivation. Losers have to vote a player off the island.Of course if the league really wanted parity they could do it this season without a single player changing teams. 5 fouls per player, and no more 'superstar' calls. Make palming, and traveling a violation again, and technicals for Garnett & everyone else when he runs his mouth at opposing players.

I giggled.

I personally don't know why people think "super" NBA teams are going to take over the NBA.
Probably because "super" teams are already taking over the league and dominating the discussion.

The rest of your point I agree with. Give me a really strong two-man game and a roster that helps those two guys every day. It's also just better, more entertaining basketball.

I am obviously a Jazz fan.

If the Jazz could get a 2nd round pick and little to no salary back in a deal for Raja, you do it before the other guy says "just kidding".