What's new

Randy Rigby Interview Suggests Trading GS Pick For Vet

mncstr

On the drive home last night I was listening to the weekly Randy Rigby interview on 1280 and while discussing the draft, he suggested that they could trade the Golden State pick and possibly the second round pick for a veteran. I know I've heard Rigby say the same thing on at least a couple more of these weekly interviews. Did anybody else listen to the interview?

And which veterans would we be interested in that would be worth giving up these picks?

Last edited:
[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];797378 said:
Given the power he wields within the organization this board is dedicated to, I'd say about 400 times more threads than Jabari Brown.

This is what Jabari Brown thinks of your comment:

zoudunk.gif

On the drive home last night I was listening to the weekly Randy Rigby interview on 1280 and while discussing the draft, he suggested that they could trade the Golden State pick and possibly the #2 pick for a veteran. I know I've heard Rigby say the same thing on at least a couple more of these weekly interviews. Did anybody else listen to the interview?

And which veterans would we be interested in that would be worth giving up these picks?

Rugby want trade #2 pick in this year draft? This is madness.

Randy Rigby has as much authority on **** like that as the guy making nachos in the concession stand.

So.... what does the guy making nachos have to say about the GS and 2nd round picks. Does he have any ideas about what vets to go after.
Are you that guy?

I heard the interview and he used that as an example of what they could do, not what their planning to do.

I heard the interview and he used that as an example of what they could do, not what their planning to do.

I guess the fact that I heard him say it in several different interviews is what leads me to think that they may have someone in mind to trade for.

How many F'ng Randy Rigby threads are needed?

I didn't see the other one when I created this one. They can be merged.

Randy Rigby has as much authority on **** like that as the guy making nachos in the concession stand.

Greg Miller was selling nachos one night...

[size/HUGE] boobs [/size];797388 said:
Rugby want trade #2 pick in this year draft? This is madness.
Don't get your knickers in a twist. He wasn't talking about the #2 pick. He was referring to the GS pick and the 2nd-rounder.

It makes sense. This team has plenty of youngsters right now. Utah will also have cap space. You never know what Lindsey may have been working on at the deadline. Perhaps there were conversations about a certain team wanting to clear some room this summer.
1) Jazz likely were not going to give up the GS pick at the deadline as there was still a chance it could fall into the lottery.
2) Team X would have been hesitant to let Utah protect the pick. If it falls in lottery, they've traded a good player for a pick perhaps 2-3 years from now.
3) Jazz may have not wanted to add a quality player to damage their loss total.

Not saying any of this occurred, but we know the Big Al trade was discussed at the preious deadline and then came together in the offseason.

Don't get your knickers in a twist. He wasn't talking about the #2 pick. He was referring to the GS pick

when boobs says #2 pick i think he means the second of our picks.

Utah jazz pick would be #1 pick
GS pick would be #2 pick.
Regardless of where they end up.

Boobs is russian bro, ease up off him

I would be really surprised if the Jazz go into the next season with 2 rookie 1st round picks, so obviously the GS pick is going to get traded in a trade up or for a player.