What's new

Rank the current Jazz trade assets

So you and Broncostor admit that even if he shoots 0% he is still worth more than an unprotected UTA pick next year.

DaShawn Stevensen, Shaun Livingston, Sebastian Telfair, J. R. Smith, Martel Webster, C.J. Miles, and Louis Williams were all guards that were drafted at an even younger age than Dante Exum. All of them shot better their rookie years. What makes you think Dante is going to be that one guy who outperforms them all?

Also I want to add that I am rooting for Exum and hope he lives up to his Kobe Bryant like potential but can't help but get discouraged by just poor shooting and lack of getting to the line.

Shooting is not what is going to make him elite. Kobe Bryant is an inaccurate hope for Exum. Exum will put up numbers like Kidds rookie year next year. Exum will be the same age as Kidd was his rookie year. That is the player he is most similar too to me. Exum has a quicker first step and more length than Kidd so he has potential to be better if everything pans out for him.

Exums potential is to be a great passer and defender who can score creatively and can hit open set jump shots. If he somehow develops more than those things then he will be an elite player. Jazzfanz have been clamoring for a pass first point guard since Stockton left and Exum will be that. But now everyone is worried about scoring more from him.

So you and Broncostor admit that even if he shoots 0% he is still worth more than an unprotected UTA pick next year.

DaShawn Stevensen, Shaun Livingston, Sebastian Telfair, J. R. Smith, Martel Webster, C.J. Miles, and Louis Williams were all guards that were drafted at an even younger age than Dante Exum. All of them shot better their rookie years. What makes you think Dante is going to be that one guy who outperforms them all?

Also I want to add that I am rooting for Exum and hope he lives up to his Kobe Bryant like potential but can't help but get discouraged by just poor shooting and lack of getting to the line.

Exum has shown that he can hit the three, can be a LOCK DOWN defender, and can be an elite passer.

All at 19. And coming from crappy high school games.

His potential is still a superstar.

Exum has shown that he can hit the three, can be a LOCK DOWN defender, and can be an elite passer.

All at 19. And coming from crappy high school games.

His potential is still a superstar.

Can hit a 3 at 5% below league average. Averages 2 assists a game for a PG playing 20 minutes. And lock down defender, meh I'll give you he is good at defense but he does play with Rudy and Favors and his defense looks good since we are used to Trey Burke defense.

I'm obviously out of the loop but is OP formally PG_AB? That would make sense.

I'm obviously out of the loop but is OP formally PG_AB? That would make sense.

Naw, he's the poster formerly known as the Black Swordsmen. He used to troll General Discussion all the time, and it sucked. Unfortunately, he's know moved onto the Utah jazz section.

We just need to ignore the dude, n all his threads.

Naw, he's the poster formerly known as the Black Swordsmen. He used to troll General Discussion all the time, and it sucked. Unfortunately, he's know moved onto the Utah jazz section.

We just need to ignore the dude, n all his threads.

I can see why someone with inferior intellect such as yourself would ignore my posts.

1 - Gobert - Duh.
2 - Hayward - Carrying the Jazz. Great contract.
3 - Favors - Silent foundation. Great contract.
4 - Exum - Potential up the wazoo. He is a child that went from crappy HS ball to the NBA. He will shock the doubters next year, and he won't even be that good.
5 - 2015 draft pick - Our last lottery pick for awhile. Enjoy it succas.
6 - Burks - 6th man of the year potential. Valuable. Decent contract.
7 - OKC 2017 pick - may be a lottery pick.
8 - Burke
9 - 2016 pick -pick in the 14-16 range.
10 - Utah 2017 pick - crappy pick
11 - GS 2017 pick - crappy pick.

Nothing else of any value.
Good list
Maybe Burks ahead of this year's pick but that's a tough call not knowing where it will be

Good list
Maybe Burks ahead of this year's pick but that's a tough call not knowing where it will be

I think our pick is not as good as we hope, which is awesome, because we have our core. So, my biggest debate was that pick vs Burks. I chose the pick....after tonight, I'd probably put Burks ahead of the pick.

Here is my top 10. Assuming all UTA draft picks are unprotected if traded.

1) Rudy Gobert - Big man. great rebounds, elite defense, good passer/FT shooter makes him decent offense. Young

2) Derrick Favors. Young. Great contract. great rebounds/defense and decent offense.

3) Gordon Hayward - Big contract but he is locked up and doing as good as ever. Type of player any team in the NBA could use

4) 2015 Draft pick. This years lottery pick. Gonna be around #7 looks like most likely.

(large gap here)

5) 2016 draft pick. Probably wont be high as this years but likely lottery and isn't as recent.

6) Dante Exum. #5 pick in last years "loaded" draft class. Shooting 21% last 10 games. Disappointment so far in some ways but met expectations in others. I was hoping he would be #1 on this list.

7) 2017 draft pick

8) 2017 GS draft pick. Probably would be predicted to be a worse pick considering GSW's rank and age at this point.

9) Alec Burks. Good player on a good contract. I don't think he is valued around the league as much as jazz fanz values him.

10) Trey Burke. Something had to be #10 on my list. Was terrible last year and hasn't improved much this year. Last game was one of the best games he had and he scored 19 points on 20 attempts. Not good but recent history of pg's starting bad and developing after many years helps him but I don't think many of them were as bad at shooting, playing defense, and short stature as Trey Burke. What Trey has going for him besides his age is he has decent assist/to ratio and a large wingspan I guess.

Depending on my mood I might rank differently. 2, 3 and 4 are almost interchangeable to me as well as and 5-10 could be switched with each other as well. If I were to extend this list to 11 it would probably be the 2018 draft pick.

Good list, but our trade assets don't matter if were going to trade them for draft rights to players over seas and players that we buy out the contract of.