What's new

Ransom to Iran

It was reported back in january when it happened actually. Just because you weren't paying attention doesn`t make it a secret.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/18/...nytcore-iphone&smid=nytcore-iphone-share&_r=1
Strange that they left out the part where we agreed to send a plane load of unmarked bills. That seems like a really big deal, especially because many terrorism experts say that cash is necessary for funding terrorism.

The Iran deal seems like a bad joke. The idea that some world court might have obligated America to pay $10 billion to the number one state sponsor of terrorism in the world would seems like a joke as well.

Reagan's arms for hostages deal was wrong. The Contra deal was wrong. He is not a hero for either of those situations. He should not have done either of them and he eventually had to face up to that fact.

If the US owed Iran money it should not have been paid secretly in unmarked bills, no matter what. Obama bragged about how transparent his administration was going to be. It has been anything but transparent, and this is yet another in a long, long line of examples.

Obama has been hilariously non-transparent, I'm hoping there are few ppl left in this planet willing to argue otherwise

Strange that they left out the part where we agreed to send a plane load of unmarked bills. That seems like a really big deal, especially because many terrorism experts say that cash is necessary for funding terrorism.

The Iran deal seems like a bad joke. The idea that some world court might have obligated America to pay $10 billion to the number one state sponsor of terrorism in the world would seems like a joke as well.

What's the #1 state sponsor of terrorism again? Link?

I'm not sure it really matters tbh. It would be trivial for Iran to turn the payment into cash regardless of how we pay them.

From what I understand the US and Iran do not have a banking relationship thus the payment had to be in cash.

Sent from my VS987 using JazzFanz mobile app