What's new

Rate the Jazz Offseason and Discuss

Rate the Offseason...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Juxtapose this thread to the words of fans now.

Look at that ridiculous pole. Lmao.

Damn every vote went to an A, with a few going to B. I will give you one guess who the one person voted D was.

This has been a mess. Cant believe so many people fell for this. It was painfully obvious we were making sideways moves at best whem we made them.

I warned against releasing or trading Favors. I warned against trading for Conely. I never got on Rubio. and I supported him being here. I was against the Bogey trade, but he has been better than I expected. Still not a savior obviously.

I cant believe no one considered what these changes would do to the team identity. Jacking up 3's is not the only ingredient to a good team.

This team can still be good with a few changes:

1. Snyder. Either we give him the boot or force him to develop an offense.
2. Trade Jeff Green. This guy looks like he doesn't want to be on this team. It's all over his body language and play.
3. Trade either: A) Conley and Exum or B) Conley and Mudiay for a real power forward and a back up point guard.

And this should happen before we start piling up wins on crappy teams and forget we have real issues that need to be addressed.

Im giving it a D.

I feel bad for Jazz fans when Bojan Bogdanovic is the other half to the best Jazz offseason ever and Ed Davis is the cherry on top. Only in Jazz land. Lmao. What in the ****. Seriously. Can you imagine Lebron all giddy about these moves?

What we gain with the additions of Bojan and Conley we offset that with losses of Favors, Crowder, Rubio, and Allen, and two first round picks. We get better at shooting, but worse in defense, toughness, rebounding, low post scoring, bench play, and team chemistry.

Id bet we are no better than we were before with these moves. They are sideways moves at best. Dont forget, the Jazz were already a good team. Same record and 2nd round exit doesnt count as success. Cant just chalk it up as we tried when me the dumb guy can easily tell you that it wont work.

Just like when everyone thought Korver's shooting would change everything, and it didnt, Bojan will be almost as big of a dud. Everyone wants to conveniently ignore his entire career and hold up his one good year. Or completely ignore the fact he averages 1 assist and 3 rebounds a game. Ya. Superstar. Give him 20% of the cap. Great idea.

Also, we had one chance to get this right and build a contender around Donavan's cheap deal and Rudy's prime before his supermax, and this is what we come up with. SMH.

Flame away. Just have the nuts to face the music when this is bumped in two years.

Conley is a nice player, but overpaid and we overpaid for him too.

This is an interesting read.

C-

Jazz gave up a lot for potentially only one year of Conley. I think the risk he opts out and the Jazz are forced to either a) lose him or b) sign him to a big 4-year deal is understated. If you assume AD stays in LA, Conley & Draymond look to be the best potential UFAs in the 2020 class. If he has a good year, there's very little reason for Conley not to opt out and trade some 2020-21 salary for much more $$ long-term.

The advanced metrics don't like Bojan. The BBIndex guy had the Jazz w/52 wins w/Favors and 48 w/Bojan. I get the idea that you can find 80% of Favors (Davis) more cheaply than you find a high quality stretch 4, and I understand there are fit issues w/Derrick next to Gobert. Still, I think the contract is poor value, and it's hard for me to picture a frontcourt with the athleticism of Bojan/Ingles advancing super deep into the playoffs.

I think Green and especially Davis were good pickups. I guess there's something to be said for mixing things up and taking a shot, but I suspect the Jazz will bow out in Round 2. They haven't done anything franchise crippling, but they've sacrificed some long-term assets and flexibility and not greatly enhanced their chances of winning the West, imo.

Hope I'm wrong.
you are 99% correct thus far with the exception of Ed/Jeff proven to be **** pickups. still solid take though. probably best of the year.

Last edited: