What's new

Raul Neto Injury

D will wasn’t always in great shape when he was playing... he might look like Bryon Russell now.

Per Tony Jones Twitter there's a good chance Dante plays this week. That should lessen the blow somewhat, although I'm not sure to what degree Exum will be able to contribute right away.
How many minutes was Neto averaging lately, around 6-8? He really won't be missed. Even without Dante returning, Mitchell could play more at the 1, with O'Neale picking up more time or AB returning from exile.

Who has had more injuries this season, Neto or Hood? From concussion to ankle to wrist. Poor Raul. We should ask him if the U.S. healthcare system is better than Brazil's.

How many minutes was Neto averaging lately, around 6-8? He really won't be missed. Even without Dante returning, Mitchell could play more at the 1, with O'Neale picking up more time or AB returning from exile.

Who has had more injuries this season, Neto or Hood? From concussion to ankle to wrist. Poor Raul. We should ask him if the U.S. healthcare system is better than Brazil's.
Those are a pretty huge 6-8 minutes tho. It allows Rubio or Mitchell to rest, which is important.

Those are a pretty huge 6-8 minutes tho. It allows Rubio or Mitchell to rest, which is important.
Well, it's not like I said give 6 more mins to Mitchell or Rubio. They still get the same amount of rest. Mitchell just plays 6-8 mins with a SG instead of with Rubio if he takes the minutes Neto was playing there. And that actually might be a good thing. With Ricky channeling his inner Westbrook, Donovan is often a spectator when both are on the floor together.

O'Neale has been getting fewer minutes since the Crowder trade. AB is getting a lot of DNP's. I don't see much of a drop-off by giving either of them Netos's 6-8 mins or by inserting Exum once he's cleared to go. Or even giving a 10-day contract to Naz or another PG. This is a 3rd-string PG who was averaging 2 pts/per in just over 7 mins for March. Easily replaceable in many different ways.

When did it happen? I watched the game but must have missed it. Was it putting that sweet english on that last offside layup? He really tweaked the ball there.

Sucks for Raul. He plays some good basketball in the minutes he gets. I don't think the Jazz will have any major issues replacing those minutes though. AB can handle 6-8 minutes, they can give Mitrou-Long a test drive, or it's a perfect amount of minutes to be giving Dante to begin his return.

I actually don’t think it would be bad to sign Deron to a 10 day over this easy 5 game stretch. Bring him in, have a Deron Williams night, mend bridges, have him sign autographs, let him hit a couple threes in garbage time, end on a better note, and send him off into the sunset.

When did it happen? I watched the game but must have missed it. Was it putting that sweet english on that last offside layup? He really tweaked the ball there.
Looks like it - when he gets up he briefly grabs at his left wrist.

Per Tony Jones Twitter there's a good chance Dante plays this week. That should lessen the blow somewhat, although I'm not sure to what degree Exum will be able to contribute right away.

I’m excited

I keep seeing people suggest Seth Curry as an option for 3rd pg. I believe he's a RFA. Outside of him being injury prone, I think he's a solid backup player and his last contract was one of the better bargains in the NBA. I'd rather have Neto than most 3rd string dudes I can think of. Him and O'Neal or some of the most invisible players on the Jazz I can think of.

Curry not that long ago was a DLeaguer and the Jazz FO did not think he was a prospect then. I wonder if they have changed their minds?

Curry not that long ago was a DLeaguer and the Jazz FO did not think he was a prospect then. I wonder if they have changed their minds?

He’s a great match with Exum on the second unit. The stress reaction fracture stuff scares me. I’d do a 1+1 if possible. He produced in Sacramento and Dallas.