What's new

Ray Rice - BYE BYE

AlaskanAssassin

I searched diligently for a Ray Rice thread and couldn't find one, which seems surprising.

Now that the video in the elevator has been released, it seems like everyone is up in arms regarding the NFL's handling of the situation. What I find surprising is that the video seems to have changed people's opinion regarding the matter. What does seeing the video change our opinion regarding his original 2-game suspension (now indefinite suspension)?

- We knew he hit his wife and knocked her unconscious. He held an apologetic press conference with his wife/fiance.

I just don't understand why the leaked video changes everyone's opinion or Ray Rice's sentence. I 100% agree that the original suspension was WAAAYYYYY too light. But I thought that immediately after the suspension was handed down. My opinion didn't change after seeing the video.

We shouldn't need to see video of domestic abuse/assault to know it's wrong.

I searched diligently for a Ray Rice thread and couldn't find one, which seems surprising.

Now that the video in the elevator has been released, it seems like everyone is up in arms regarding the NFL's handling of the situation. What I find surprising is that the video seems to have changed people's opinion regarding the matter. What does seeing the video change our opinion regarding his original 2-game suspension (now indefinite suspension)?

- We knew he hit his wife and knocked her unconscious. He held an apologetic press conference with his wife/fiance.

I just don't understand why the leaked video changes everyone's opinion or Ray Rice's sentence. I 100% agree that the original suspension was WAAAYYYYY too light. But I thought that immediately after the suspension was handed down. My opinion didn't change after seeing the video.

We shouldn't need to see video of domestic abuse/assault to know it's wrong.

LIAR! it is on page 2.
diligently is more then 1 page

https://jazzfanz.com/showthread.php...ot-reason-Ray-Rice-only-got-2-game-suspension!

Last edited:
Hard to find a good copy of the video that isn't overloaded with amateur ******** commentary or played at stupid speeds (.00001x speed anyone?) or covered in pop-up ads, but from what I did see it looks like she was taking pokes at him several times before they got in the elevator, and that she was obviously yelling or talking to him in an animated way.

I just don't understand why the leaked video changes everyone's opinion or Ray Rice's sentence.

Almost all humans believe in a just world. When we see someone do something horrible, our first reaction is to try to justify it with provocations of various sorts.

Hard to find a good copy of the video that isn't overloaded with amateur ******** commentary or played at stupid speeds (.00001x speed anyone?) or covered in pop-up ads, but from what I did see it looks like she was taking pokes at him several times before they got in the elevator, and that she was obviously yelling or talking to him in an animated way.

she spit on him too. that's when he threw the punch.

I know nothing about this situation, but if I was in his shoes and she spit on me, I would have done the same. Spitting on someone is the ultimate form of disrespect and is worthy of such a response, regardless of gender, age, race, etc.

I know nothing about this situation, but if I was in his shoes and she spit on me, I would have done the same. Spitting on someone is the ultimate form of disrespect and is worthy of such a response, regardless of gender, age, race, etc.

Disagree.

I would never, ever, hit a woman unless my life or the lives of my loved ones were in true danger.
In that situation, I can almost guarantee, I would have calmly stepped out of the elevator and phoned my attorney.. and not look back.

#dirtysouthupbringing

The funny thing I've seen through all of this has been the media fumbling over themselves to blast Harbaugh, Goodell, and countless other NFL officials...

She did marry him and declined to press charges after all... Um why?

But apparently, no one cares about that. Or everyone knows the answer why she still married him...

Almost all humans believe in a just world. When we see someone do something horrible, our first reaction is to try to justify it with provocations of various sorts.

Or our experience in life teachers us that rarely do normal human beings do horrible things without provocation, even if only perceived as a provocation by the individual, so we expect to see some sort of provocation because truly evil people who do such horrible things without provocation are a legitimate rarity.

From what I understand about the case, he spit on her.

From what I understand about the case, he spit on her.

waaaait.... just because you saw it on an internet message board doesn't make it true

at any rate - Log's comments on provocation are spot-on. Part of the issue then, is whether a reaction is warranted. Is Ray Rice's reaction appropriate to the provocation of spitting?

I would say no.

By the way, when did this incident actually happen? So many questions about this incident and how it was and is being handled by the NFL...

I've not heard that. She spit on him tmk.

waaaait.... just because you saw it on an internet message board doesn't make it true

I thought he spit on her when he is leaning up against the column when she is walking by. Then she slaps him.

In the elevator is looks like she might have spit on him back.

Most news stories say something about Ray Rice spit on her. I don't know what's true. Just that, I know I've read that he spit on her.

Google it.

I knew, knew, KNEW that I shouldn't pick AP. I had him last year and lost pivotal games because of his off field ****. Now he goes and turns himself in for beating his four year old son bloody. What an *** hole and complete waste of a first round pick. Son of a...