What's new

Rayjon Traded to Cleveland for $$$

I'm just really confused.

When is NWG's guarantee date? Has it already happened? Would cutting him get the Jazz below the tax, because that seems like the plan.

Yeah really good value for the Cavs. We paid 3.5mil for the 39th pick last week.
and we gave away 5 of those over a course of one week. let's say one pick can get you roughly 500k in cash consideration(that is assuming all of them end up somewhere in the 50s and become busts that never make it to the league, best case scenario for us). 5 of those can get you 2.5mil, enough for you to bring in one or two guys on min deal.

pretty sure by giving away these second round picks cheaply, we lost more money for the future than what we've managed to save in salary right now.

like no one understand why kings took bagley over luka, or why knicks traded zingis to mavs just so they can have the cap space to sign randle and portis. FO are humans too. don't just always assume that they can't make mistakes.

it's ok if they think they suck at drafting in the second round. but why not hold on to these picks and sell high on draft night. there will always be buyers comes draft night where teams really want a shot at getting the player they want but are afraid that their draft spots aren't high enough.

Three years ago I said DL was a top 3 GM. For a couple years I stood behind that even though we disagreed on many different things. This past year has had me really frustrated with our massive blind spots. I could have predicted the essentially standing pat moves this offseason, but even I didn’t think they’d be capable of the absolute ****-show of fringe moves we’ve made in the past 10 days. Holy ****.

We could’ve saved a hell of a lot more money trading Conley for OPJ.