What's new

REALGM: Joe wants out

He is going to get bought out by the Jazz most likely unless there is a team who wants to dump salary so they can buy him out. Doubt the Jazz want to take back salary though.

He is going to get bought out by the Jazz most likely unless there is a team who wants to dump salary so they can buy him out. Doubt the Jazz want to take back salary though.
This has been my bet for a while.

I would hope we could buy him out cheap as money is no object for him; he's made $214 million in contracts throughout his career.

Especially if it's known he'll be bought out, I don't think anyone will give up anything for him or pay that salary unless they're dumping something undesirable on us. I give it a 75% chance he's just bought out rather than traded.

Love Iso Joe! Fun to watch him and having him be a part of the team! I think that this is an admirable thing to do for him. $11 Million this year minus 61% of the season already played (50 / 82) = roughly $4.29 million buyout if he isn't taking a discount. He likely gives us a discount because he will make at least the vet min with anyone else. So... $2.5 - $3.5 million dollar buyout sounds reasonable.

I hope that happens because I would like to see him compete with another team for a championship.

In spite of that I am getting more optimistic that we could make the playoffs and I think that we could use him if we get there. Pelicans losing Cousins. Clippers losing Griffin. Jazz getting back Gobert. Still, Joe wouldn't be on a contender team with us either way.

What the hell is wrong with Marc Stein. He makes it sound like JJ is pulling a Kanter
Not really. The wording is correct.

Utah probably wants to trade him, but cant find any takers. They arent going to put a lot of work into trading him because the potential reward is pretty minimal even if you put in a lot of work and time into it. They are probably content on just buying him out.

Johnson on the other hand has incentive to find a trade so he can get his full salary. In a buy out he would have to give something up. Therefor his JJ's agent is probably working behind the scenes and angling to find a trade that would be beneficial to Utah and Johnson.