Votes: 13 41.9%
  • 7-10

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • 11+

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

bordelais7

Contributor
Pick your favorite coach. The best coach imaginable. If Phil Jackson/Jerry Sloan/Krzyzewski/Jesus/etc. coached this team, how many wins would you expect they would have at this point in the season?

This is more a matter of curiosity. I'm not trying to prove a point or call anyone an idiot -- that's generally fairly self-manifesting. Also, I understand that there is a difference between losing respectably and losing like the Jazz are doing right now, even though both show up as a simple "L" in the standings.

Personally, I think this team would be at least a 2-win team with Jackie Moon at the helm.

I'm not sure a great coach would get any more real wins, but they would probably have more moral victories.

Just noticed that all of my coach suggestions have been white (unconfirmed w/ "Jesus"). I expect that the mods will do the right thing and simply merge this with one of One Brow's threads. I apologize.

Sloan would get this team to about .500 by the end of the year. I wouldn't say that the Jazz would be at that mark now as the schedule has been rough.

Let me also add that I've had plenty of criticisms with Sloan and I think he was well past his prime when he finally left. But getting the most out of a roster - at least in the regular season - was his particular strength.

Personally, I think this team would be at least a 2-win team with Jackie Moon at the helm.

I was born for this. At least for games played on Oct31.
e3e6ebam.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It is not just about wins. Jazz are out of every game by early in the 2nd quarter at best. There is 1-14 and then there is total complete embarassment.

Based on what I saw last year I expected that this Jazz team would be pretty good defensively but that they would struggle to score. Corbin, with his focus on defense, has managed to make this a very poor defensive team that also struggles to score. I think a decent coach could get respectable defense out of this team.

Can we at least assume that this substitute coach went through training camp, saw our point guard situation, and forced the Jazz to send some goons to go kidnap/cash bribe Raul Neto back to America?

Based on what I saw last year I expected that this Jazz team would be pretty good defensively but that they would struggle to score. Corbin, with his focus on defense, has managed to make this a very poor defensive team that also struggles to score. I think a decent coach could get respectable defense out of this team.

I never saw Hayward or Kanter as much of a defensive threat, and have always held that Favors' pnr defense sucks. Also, he used to get pushed around in the post pretty badly (has improved a ton so far this season IMO). Burks has always been a sub-par defender. Between them and the over the hill gang, I did not expect this team to defend any better.

I never saw Hayward or Kanter as much of a defensive threat, and have always held that Favors' pnr defense sucks. Also, he used to get pushed around in the post pretty badly (has improved a ton so far this season IMO). Burks has always been a sub-par defender. Between them and the over the hill gang, I did not expect this team to defend any better.

So, what do you see as Corbin's biggest weakness?

So, what do you see as Corbin's biggest weakness?

Don't see what that has to do with player defense but you're not the trolling type..

The game is 99% player at this level & most this coach stuff is petty to me. WTS, Corbin doesn't seem to be a very good motivator within the game and lets play stagnate. I'm more a fan of ripping ******* and forcing the players to run motion. Then again, this team sucks *** and players like Kanter seem to have zero confidence. I'm not sure a heavy hand would do any good without too much bad.

Other than that, I don't give a damn about trivial coaching decisions until the Jazz assemble a respectable roster that can force its will upon the other team. Corbin has never had this luxury which is a necessity for any coach in the NBA to showcase his added value. Corbin is an unknown and will be so until he is given a worthy roster.

Do you realize that if we had 3 wins, we would be in line for the 5th pick? Corbin is the man for the job. Clearly.

Don't see what that has to do with player defense but you're not the trolling type..

The game is 99% player at this level & most this coach stuff is petty to me. WTS, Corbin doesn't seem to be a very good motivator within the game and lets play stagnate. I'm more a fan of ripping ******* and forcing the players to run motion. Then again, this team sucks *** and players like Kanter seem to have zero confidence. I'm not sure a heavy hand would do any good without too much bad.

Other than that, I don't give a damn about trivial coaching decisions until the Jazz assemble a respectable roster that can force its will upon the other team. Corbin has never had this luxury which is a necessity for any coach in the NBA to showcase his added value. Corbin is an unknown and will be so until he is given a worthy roster.

You don't think a starting lineup of Mo, Foye, Hayward, Millsap and Al have the talent to make the playoffs?

Fair.

It's just that you have gone to great lengths to defend Corbin and I think a good portion of us think it's part of a "shtick" that you've pushed a little bit far. I'm sure there are things Corbin has done well as a coach, and I agree that at this level the players don't need a coach to teach them how to be good players. But I disagree that Corbin in an unknown quantity. I think you nailed one of his biggest weakness and I think it is a weakness that does cost the team games. He's had a pretty large number of players seem to quit on him, or at the least just lose interest in what's going on. That has to reflect on who Corbin is as a coach. These players are not as bad as they look right now. I don't put that all on Corbin, I'm pretty disappointed in what I thought would be a decent group to build around, but I do put plenty of it on Corbin.

I'd much rather see what these guys could be with a different coach than to see what Corbin could be with different players.

You don't think a starting lineup of Mo, Foye, Hayward, Millsap and Al have the talent to make the playoffs?

That team would have made the playoffs had Mo not gotten injured.

Fair.

It's just that you have gone to great lengths to defend Corbin and I think a good portion of us think it's part of a "shtick" that you've pushed a little bit far. I'm sure there are things Corbin has done well as a coach, and I agree that at this level the players don't need a coach to teach them how to be good players. But I disagree that Corbin in an unknown quantity. I think you nailed one of his biggest weakness and I think it is a weakness that does cost the team games. He's had a pretty large number of players seem to quit on him, or at the least just lose interest in what's going on. That has to reflect on who Corbin is as a coach. These players are not as bad as they look right now. I don't put that all on Corbin, I'm pretty disappointed in what I thought would be a decent group to build around, but I do put plenty of it on Corbin.

I'd much rather see what these guys could be with a different coach than to see what Corbin could be with different players.

I've been accused of running several schticks in the JF. None of these accusations have been true, but 100% of my "schticks" have proven correct. In fact, JF populism is now in agreement with nearly every one except Corbin.

If I wanted to be taken seriously then I wouldn't be as obsessed with the Jazz. But for some reason, seeing good posters agree with me years later is more satisfying than joining the cluster**** of the day tar and feather sessions.