What's new

Reddit: Rudy Gobert with 3409 career minutes, he has never made a shot outside of 10 feet

couscous

Ouch.

If we're continuing to go with two traditional bigs, I'd love to see his FT% to go up to about 65% and Derrick's to go up to about 75%.

In 7216 minutes Kanter went 50% on effort.

With Rudy's height, you never want him to be 10 ft+ away. Just get him close, have a player throw it up and it either goes in or he gets the rebound. Much better percentage than having him try to shoot from 15 ft.

With Rudy's height, you never want him to be 10 ft+ away. Just get him close, have a player throw it up and it either goes in or he gets the rebound. Much better percentage than having him try to shoot from 15 ft.

It also puts a lot of pressure on the rim protector. Step in and help to stop the drive and leave Rudy open for the lob or hope your guard/wing can recover.

If our wings/guards could get better at the short lob a lot would open up. They usually drive a step too far and then make a bad pass. (Except Burks somehow he makes a layup)

From ksl article:

The next step for Gobert is to start flashing his jumpshot in games, another shot that he works on extensively in practice. I asked Gobert when we'll start to see that.

"It's coming too," Gobert said. "Whenever I'm open, I'm gonna shoot it."

Jazz Storylines: Favors returns, Gobert's floater and trade rumors
https://ksl.com/?sid=38320395

Sent from the JazzFanz app

From ksl article:

The next step for Gobert is to start flashing his jumpshot in games, another shot that he works on extensively in practice. I asked Gobert when we'll start to see that.

Jazz Storylines: Favors returns, Gobert's floater and trade rumors
https://ksl.com/?sid=38320395

Sent from the JazzFanz app
I love Rudy

The Jazz are ruining Rudy. They are instructing him not to shoot.

Sounds like quite the opposite

Apparently the jazz have been having him work on his shot allot in practice and are telling him to "shoot it whenever he is open"

The jazz have also apparently been working with him on his floater and have been having him use it during the most recent games.

Good to see that the jazz are working with Rudy on his offense and want to see him use it during games

Also it's funny that hack would say that the jazz are ruining rudy when he has way more value than his contract or draft position and nearly everyone in the league is aware of the fact the he is a budding star.

The jazz are ruining poor Rudy right into a max contract when he becomes a free agent

In 7216 minutes Enes Kanter has never played defense

He also shaves his underarms every 24 hours.

enes_kanter.jpg

A little off topic, but if anyone is not going to the nba sub on reddit for their general nba fix, they're really missing out.

I'm ok with this. Many teams try to turn their players into something that they are not. In a winning team environment everybody's role is special. Gobert role is not to shoot midrange but to focus on defense and finish close shots. There's nothing wrong with that. Look at Matt Bonner of the Spurs. The guy has been around forever and the only thing he can do is shoot a 3. Everything else about his game is horrific. However they call his number when there's less than 1 minute on the clock in the game or the quarter and they need a 3. He plays a small minute but very valuable role to their success. That's what you do to make your team succeed. Let players excel within their role.