What's new

Replacing Joe Ingles and Chris Johnson

TheGobertReport

Assuming the Jazz are 100% healthy next season, what does everyone anticipate Joe Ingles' role being? Jazz have plenty of draft picks and along with free agency, I think finding a better player than Ingles for the role he played last season is a MUST. I don't think Johnson is under contract anymore, so he's gone. But for the Jazz to have a chance at and in the playoffs, better players are needed than Ingles. Would you rather the Jazz draft someone to replace Ingles or sign a FA? Who would you want to replace Ingles? My pick is Denzel Valentine to replace Ingles, and sign a shooter who's hit over 40% from 3-point land for at least two seasons in a row to replace Johnson.

Joe Ingles won't be replaced. But I prefer him to be our 5th-6th wing rather than our 4th wing. To me it would depend on who you draft. If you draft a wing, you put him at the 4th wing spot. If you draft other position, I'd like us to add a 3d or 4th wing in FA so Ingles would be pushed more towards the end of the bench.

Joe Ingles won't be replaced. But I prefer him to be our 5th-6th wing rather than our 4th wing. To me it would depend on who you draft. If you draft a wing, you put him at the 4th wing spot. If you draft other position, I'd like us to add a 3d or 4th wing in FA so Ingles would be pushed more towards the end of the bench.

Joe can waive pom poms from the bench as our 15th guy next year.

Joe can waive pom poms from the bench as our 15th guy next year.

Joe is the cement that solidifies team chemistry. You don't let a guy like that go. He often seems to come through when the team is faltering. Is he a top level NBA talent, no, but his intangibles give him a lot of value.

Thought he passed well, played decent defense, and shot the 3 pretty well towards the end. I think he should play spot minutes in key situations, but I see his minutes being reduced with a healthy Alec Burks.

Assuming the Jazz are 100% healthy next season, what does everyone anticipate Joe Ingles' role being? Jazz have plenty of draft picks and along with free agency, I think finding a better player than Ingles for the role he played last season is a MUST. I don't think Johnson is under contract anymore, so he's gone. But for the Jazz to have a chance at and in the playoffs, better players are needed than Ingles. Would you rather the Jazz draft someone to replace Ingles or sign a FA? Who would you want to replace Ingles? My pick is Denzel Valentine to replace Ingles, and sign a shooter who's hit over 40% from 3-point land for at least two seasons in a row to replace Johnson.

Kind of sad how this board underestimates Joe. He was a good defender, and pretty clutch in spurts. Plays with high intensity and IQ always making the extra pass or hitting a big three in big moments or being a stabilizing factor for the offense. Ingles doesn't need replacing. Assuming we draft a wing, ingles becomes the fifth wing, though it wouldn't surprise me if the rook can't beat out Joe.

I'm okay with keeping him in a role similar to that of Bonner's with the Spurs. A good guy to have in the locker room for chemistry purposes who just sees the floor from time to time.

Ingles should be kept as a team cheerleader and 5th wing. Burke needs to be traded imo.

Exum-Mack-Neto
Hood-Burks
Hayward-upgrade-Ingles
Favors-Lyles
Gobert-upgrade-Withey

Luwawu/Korky and Maker would fit these upgrade needs.

We give away Enes Kanter for nothing and you want something in return for Joe Ingles? Ill take a Cheeseburger with fries, a soft drink, and yes I would like an apple pie with that.

I don't think some people realize the importance of having a glue guy like Ingles on a team. It's not all about what's on the court, off-court is also a big part of the game and Joe's off-court skills are off the charts.

I don't think some people realize the importance of having a glue guy like Ingles on a team. It's not all about what's on the court, off-court is also a big part of the game and Joe's off-court skills are off the charts.

I don't think you realize the importance of elite bench talent for a team trying to make the playoffs.

we shouldn't get rid of Joe, but we need two wings this offseason. One to replace Chris Johnson, and a 3/4 to replace Booker.

Bring us PJ Tucker and Allen Crabbe, pls.

Solomon Hill fits too if you don't want Tucker.

very good call. Solomon actually has youth, which is nice. The one nice thing about Tucker though is that he kinda brings that attitude that will be leaving this team once Booker jettisons.

Booker is a great 5th big. Ingles is a great 5-6th wing. The problem comes when you have either of the two starting or becoming a primary backup, which happened a lot over the past two years. Johnson needs to hit the bricks. I really miss Foye. . .

Not many NBA players with good character cost themselves more money last year than Trevor Booker. If he'd taken another step forward offensively (shooting, mainly), then he'd be cashing in right now. Too bad he took two steps backward. It was weird.

Good guy, though. And he can be disruptive on the defensive end. And good on the glass. And is an under-rated passer.

Not many NBA players with good character cost themselves more money last year than Trevor Booker. If he'd taken another step forward offensively (shooting, mainly), then he'd be cashing in right now. Too bad he took two steps backward. It was weird.

Good guy, though. And he can be disruptive on the defensive end. And good on the glass. And is an under-rated passer.

It will be curious to see what he gets... I could see him struggling to find a great deal on the open market even when there is so much cash out there.