What's new

Report: Clarkson, Jazz finalizing 3-year, $55M extension https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2672357

It’s a renegotiation and extension!

Likely something like 24M this year, 17M next year and 14M in 2025-26.

Yeah, locking up a guy who averaged 21-4-4 this year for 15M a year in 24-25/25-26 when the cap will rise is horrendous. He got played so hard.
Clarkson spent the 2nd half of the season blatantly gunning for his next contract (hence the gaudy counting stats) and still obviously had zero market around the league. Wonder why?

It's not even the money. The Jazz should have moved on from JC. I can still see him as a sixth man on this team, but this deal all but ensures he's still a starter for the foreseeable future.

Clarkson spent the 2nd half of the season blatantly gunning for his next contract (hence the gaudy counting stats) and still obviously had zero market around the league. Wonder why?

It's not even the money. The Jazz should have moved on from JC. I can still see him as a sixth man on this team, but this deal all but ensures he's still a starter for the foreseeable future.

He spent the second half of the season on the bench injured. Why don’t you actually watch the Jazz play before you come here spreading misinformation.

Clarkson at $18 per is a solid contract. Way better than paying that much (or more) to guys like Dillon Brooks, D’Angelo Russell or Bruce Brown, Jr.

I think he’s a great guy and a dude that Ryan Smith loves. I’m glad we kept him - especially at a rate that will age well with the new cap moving forward. Solid move by DA/JZ.

He will be shopped if Sexton isn't traded instead come January. One of them is gone imo.
Clarkson might be more valuable at that point, to teams that are trying to contend in the next 2 years, and want a contract locked up for a couple seasons, as opposed to expiring rentals that only help one playoff push .
Sexton is prob not getting Jazz anything worth moving him for right now, but it may be they just wash their hands of his deal if they think he isn't the same pre injury guy

Lmao. This is straight comedy. How the hell is he going to stat pad sitting on the bench injured? Do you just say stuff to say stuff that fits your narrative?
Clarkson at $18 per is a solid contract.
And could be out of this world good in one year. I was in favor of moving on but at that price there’s not much to complain about. And with that contract it wouldn’t be hard to flip him if need be.