What's new

Reps... What's the point!!!

Zulu is right tho, tbh.

With repflation, at some point every decently active poster will hit the 150 cap.

Think about it. Repflation is real.

£¥£

You all do understand the difference between rep and rep power, right? The cap is on rep power, not on rep. Why does it matter if someone's ability to add/subtract from rep points is capped? If we were starting over from scratch, I might well cap everyone at 1 rep power.

Says the guy with 5,644 posts on an Innernet message board...

£¥£
That doesn't complain about stupid things like rep power. But then again, I've never been a high school girl, so I don't understand the obsession with things like that.

That doesn't complain about stupid things like rep power. But then again, I've never been a high school girl, so I don't understand the obsession with things like that.

Says the guy with 5,645 posts on an Innernet message board...

£¥£

You all do understand the difference between rep and rep power, right? The cap is on rep power, not on rep. Why does it matter if someone's ability to add/subtract from rep points is capped? If we were starting over from scratch, I might well cap everyone at 1 rep power.

Except that your rep power increases based on when others rep you, your amount of posts and the length of time you've been here!!

By capping rep power you make reps useless.... They just become likes!!!

Last edited:

You found the secret of life... Congrats!!!

If rep power isn't important in your eyes why do you artificially put yours at 150??

zulu owning this thread..

and, tbh, Colton, your arguments (every one) have been very lame. Thankfully, you don't have to have a good argument, amirite?

Except that your rep power increases based on when others rep you, your amount of posts and the length of time you've been here!!

By capping rep power you make reps useless.... They just become likes!!!

Except there's no way to track the number of likes you've had, whereas your rep IS tracked.

Except there's no way to track the number of likes you've had, whereas your rep IS tracked.

Don't you know that it is grammatically incorrect to capitalize every letter in a word to add emphasis? Try using italics or adding larger font to keep from looking foolish.

You're welcome.

p.s. Likes are lame, capping rep power is lamer. Things would be different if there was a way to show total amount of rep points earned, but as it is, the system is pooh.