What's new

Rest Easy, The Jazz Will Be Awful

If we shoot 25% from three all year we gonna suck. We will obviously shoot much better than that. The team is going to look really rough for a bit with so many new parts, a new coach, etc.

Not sure 1 preseason game is enough to declare us to be bottom 3-4. I mean the Suns lost to an Australian team.

If we shoot 25% from three all year we gonna suck. We will obviously shoot much better than that. The team is going to look really rough for a bit with so many new parts, a new coach, etc.

Not sure 1 preseason game is enough to declare us to be bottom 3-4. I mean the Suns lost to an Australian team.

to a team of americans - who couldn't stick in the nba - playing in the australian league.

Suns ****ed too tho

Let's be real here, we did not need a preseason game to rest easy. You just needed 5 seconds to look at who is on the roster lol.

The numbers are actually very optimistic about this Jazz team. Just using DARKO and some basic minutes projections, it has the Jazz at 37.6 wins. This is obviously not a perfect way of doing things, but it's somewhat notable IMO. When putting in the minutes for players I realized that there are actually not going to be a ton of minutes for some of the younger/end of bench players. Even with conservative estimates for the old guys, there's just a lot of players on this team.

This is what I have the 22-23 Jazz at using DARKO values. As you can see, Mike Conley is the Anti-Tank Commander.

View attachment 13120
37.2 wins is way too many. Or does that "wins" in yellow at the bottom mean something else?

37.2 wins is way too many. Or does that "wins" in yellow at the bottom mean something else?

Yes. This is a win "prediction" and I use that term very lightly based on DARKO ratings and the minutes I entered in manually. There's a lot of minutes going to vets who aren't bad....but still probably overrated by DARKO.

I will wait for at least 5-10 regular season games before I rest easy. 1 preseason game against the Raps isn't enough. The Raps are near the top of the list of teams I would think we would struggle with as we are trying to figure stuff out.

Thanks for sharing. How do they determine numbers for guys who haven't played in the NBA yet?

Could you share the numbers for Gobert and Mitchell as a frame of reference?

It gives rookies more or less the same starting point with minor differences depending on their starting age, so I wouldn't put too much stock into those numbers. DARKO needs some games to learn about the players more, it wasn't designed for a preseason style prediction.

Mitchell and Gobert are +3.6 and +3.5 total respectively.

Honestly, the more I look into things the more valid these concerns are. We aren't winning 37 games....but we're probably going to be closer to 30.

It gives rookies more or less the same starting point with minor differences depending on their starting age, so I wouldn't put too much stock into those numbers. DARKO needs some games to learn about the players more, it wasn't designed for a preseason style prediction.

Mitchell and Gobert are +3.6 and +3.5 total respectively.

What about the full offensive and defensive numbers for them?

The Thunder don't look completely terrible right now. Houston showed some life the other night as well. I'm not sure the Jazz are all that far ahead of them.

This season is going to be major suckage. A lot of losing and too many guys with guarantees to bring 10 day guys in.

Good news: The Lakers look better than us.

Bad news: I'm not 100% sure the Kings are better than us. Probably they are, at least if the Jazz are going to play Rudy Gay.

The Jazz's bench is bad enough to secure losses.

Last edited: