What's new

Rev up the tank!

The next run of games is about as soft as our schedule is going to get, and a lot of them are at home. If there was an opportune time to pivot younger. This was it.

Also, if we were committed to tanking we would have shipped Dunn. I'm not sure we even made him available.

Also, if we were committed to tanking we would have shipped Dunn. I'm not sure we even made him available.
I'm not saying we're "committed to tanking", but Dunn wouldn't have brought back anything of value and certainly isn't stopping us from losing. He's played pretty well again for a guy picked up from the trash heap (a special shout out to his bizarrely improved ability to hit open 3's), but he's also a veteran PG tasked with ball security who now has the highest turnover % on the team. That's not ideal.

OKC is still flush with picks and their rebuild is looking good. I did some investigating and found their past trades over the last few seasons to be vast and interesting as we're in a similar boat as OKC, pick hoarding-wise:

It's hard to compare any rebuild to what the thunder have done with the diversity of picks that Presti was able to obtain. He had picks and swaps coming from everywhere while ours are mostly tied to two teams that I don't have a lot of confidence in becoming lottery picks at any point over the next 5 years.

We're driving a steam tank. Very slow to take off.

1200px-Gesch%C3%BCtzDora2.JPG

This? What if it accidentally hits a target?

Because the Jazz have successfully been able to build value out of winning and doing sell offs
I could definitely argue for the opposite here. What value have we gotten from not just straight tanking? Victor was a generational talent last year if we tanked properly and we managed to sell off 4 players for a top 4 protected pick and no playoffs. That's pretty bad imo.... and here we are, doing it again this year.

I could definitely argue for the opposite here. What value have we gotten from not just straight tanking? Victor was a generational talent last year if we tanked properly and we managed to sell off 4 players for a top 4 protected pick and no playoffs. That's pretty bad imo.... and here we are, doing it again this year.
Didnt know the Jazz were guaranteed Wemby if we lost games. Interesting.