What's new

Rev up the tank!

Shad

We just traded 3 rotational players for picks essentially. Meaning, there are several players the Jazz are looking at. We apparently didn't want to tank properly again so we'll probably end up around 9 in this year's draft.

Can somebody tell me why we just don't suck for a whole year and try for a top 5 pick? Why do we have to be Mediocre, miss the play offs, and get a lower pick. Just lose properly for a year or 2 and get a great pick.

Everyone says this year's draft blows and we're trying to keep our pick instead of the next 2 years that'll have great draft talent.

I guess it's back to the tank commender THT for the rest of the year

I really want to say let the tank begin but I'm concerned we still haven't done enough to guarantee our pick. We are now set for Kessler to get a lot more minutes which should have a positive impact. Moving Clarkson could push that over the edge though.

I really want to say let the tank begin but I'm concerned we still haven't done enough to guarantee our pick. We are now set for Kessler to get a lot more minutes which should have a positive impact. Moving Clarkson could push that over the edge though.
Clarkson has been the worst Jazz rotation player this season....

Not sure KO being out impacts Walker all that much when I think about it more.

Likely just means minutes for Luka and Hendricks.

He gets hot and cold. He has been really cold lately but we all know he is going to end up getting hot in the near future.
I mean, he definitely has won a game(s) for the Jazz, but his defense and shooting has also cost the Jazz a lot of games this season.

Last year we actually started winning more after the trade deadline. We didn't properly tank until we started shutting everyone down.

I can live with this again this season. But things needs to change next year.

Last year we actually started winning more after the trade deadline. We didn't properly tank until we started shutting everyone down.
That's not true though. 27-28 before the trades, never above .500 and 35-40 before the last true tanking stretch.

I will reserve my tank think for at least a 10 game stretch. If we are 3-7 then tank on baby. Better than that and I dont see the tank.

It's possible we do just fine bringing in the GLeague guys....but I think the FO has been very obvious about their intentions to get our pick back.

That's not true though. 27-28 before the trades, never above .500 and 35-40 before the last true tanking stretch.
We were 35-36 when we decided to actually shut the majority down. We climbed in the rankings during that time. If you look at how we were playing after the hot start it was improved winning after the deadline for a bit.

We were 35-36 when we decided to actually shut the majority down. We climbed in the rankings during that time. If you look at how we were playing after the hot start it was improved winning after the deadline for a bit.
1) The Jazz didn't start winning more.
2) Lauri scoring 40 the next night, at least to me, doesn't seem to be the point of the final tank.
3) Before the trades: 5/10 wins, after the trades 4/10 wins

So. No.

I understand getting something for Simone and KO. The Jazz obviously didn't want to pay 10+ mill for Simone and didn't see KO in the timeline. Sure, whatever..... but why just be Mediocre. Just be bad and get a high pick. Stop playing with the fan base. We needed to tank properly last year and botched it. If the grizzlies can shut down 15 players or whatever it was, then the Jazz need to too..... like, start doing it a year ago now.

I wish we had hardy during the Donovan and gobert days. He woulda made adjustments in the playoffs and we woulda done a lot better.

I don’t think so at all. I think the Jazz will stay fighting for a play-in spot and convey a middle of the draft pick in a weak draft to OKC. The fact we picked up two picks at the end of this draft definitely signals to me they intend to convey the pick.

I don’t think so at all. I think the Jazz will stay fighting for a play-in spot and convey a middle of the draft pick in a weak draft to OKC. The fact we picked up two picks at the end of this draft definitely signals to me they intend to convey the pick.
And do what next year? Be Mediocre again for an 11th pick and/or sneak into the playin at best? The Jazz clearly don't have the balls to tank or shut down.