What's new

RIFT IN JAZZ LOCKER ROOM

If the Jazz want to keep Rudy they may be in the drivers seat to do so for a couple of reasons

1. Class of 2021 is all-time deep. The teams that have the outright cap space are going to be fixated on people like Giannis and Kawhi and Paul George. As good as Rudy is, he's a tier 2 free agent in that class

2. Who else is committing 30 percent of their cap to Rudy? He has more value to the Jazz than he does to the rest of the league. The Jazz have built their entire scheme around Rudy defensively. They play a unique style. Who else is willing to do that?

3. There may not be cap space. The economy is shut down and that may affect NBA finance for this summer and next summer
Your post seems to insinuate that the jazz max Rudy.
The post you responded to was saying that the jazz shouldn't max Rudy

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Players have sided with Donovan though. So maybe Rudy really is at fault here.
This is exactly what I have been saying since this whole drama started. Not one player has come out swinging on behalf of Rudy which has told me all along that Rudy has rubbed people wrong in the lockerroom. This has probably happened over time, but whatever he did around the Covid in the lockerroom was probably the icing on the cake.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

RIP Rudy. You're the best thing that happened to this organization in decades. Gonna miss having real people on the team whose first, second, and third priorities are making winning basketball plays.

"were" making winning basketball plays. Not since the Dallas game at home have I seen Rudy play really hard. Something happened and he 100% let it effect his play in a very negative way.

Donny is going to get badly exposed when he doesn’t have an all-time efficient player to clean up his mess on both ends of the floor.
Or maybe he scores 30+ ppg with 5+apg when every player on the court can shoot the ball.

We don't know how it will work, but to make the assumption that we will be awful without Gobert is a little premature.

Or maybe he scores 30+ ppg with 5+apg when every player on the court can shoot the ball.

We don't know how it will work, but to make the assumption that we will be awful without Gobert is a little premature.

He will win substantially fewer games. Guaranteed. His game only works because he has teammates that cover for his biggest weaknesses: his unquenchable desire to play hero.

If he can learn to actively look to pass, get to the line, and otherwise improve his efficiency, I will eat my words.

This is exactly what I have been saying since this whole drama started. Not one player has come out swinging on behalf of Rudy which has told me all along that Rudy has rubbed people wrong in the lockerroom. This has probably happened over time, but whatever he did around the Covid in the lockerroom was probably the icing on the cake.

"were" making winning basketball plays. Not since the Dallas game at home have I seen Rudy play really hard. Something happened and he 100% let it effect his play in a very negative way.

These guys get it. Really not that hard to realize or conclude to if you pay attention to games or the team in general.

I just don't think Rudy is in a position to let not getting the ball on offense hurt his defensive game.
It's human nature, especially when they are missing you when you're wide open. I wish I had the patience to go back through every game and record each time he is missed. There's usually one blatant one per game.

It's human nature, especially when they are missing you when you're wide open. I wish I had the patience to go back through every game and record each time he is missed. There's usually one blatant one per game.

It’s funny though because he’d probably miss the pass half the time regardless.

I agree with what you’re saying but people actually believe it’s not a thing and said I was talking out of my ***. That’s what Numb is saying. It’s not made up it’s actually real. Regardless if it’s warranted or not it’s real.

It’s funny though because he’d probably miss the pass half the time regardless.

He probably wouldn't, and even if it was a 50% catch rate (it's not), it's still a more efficient attempt than most shots. Gobert has shaky hands, but it's not like he regularly drops easy passes out of traffic.

He probably wouldn't, and even if it was a 50% catch rate (it's not), it's still a more efficient attempt than most shots. Gobert has shaky hands, but it's not like he regularly drops easy passes out of traffic.

Anyone who watches games knows there is at minimum one time a game where we blatantly miss a wide open Rudy like we’re talking no one within 5 feet of him.

On the flip side people are actually denying that it’s affecting him on the defensive end which is just flat out wrong.

Anyone who watches games knows there is at minimum one time a game where we blatantly miss a wide open Rudy like we’re talking no one within 5 feet of him.

On the flip side people are actually denying that it’s affecting him on the defensive end which is just flat out wrong.
I mean for the most part it doesnt. He lets it get to him sometimes, but the bigger ting that affects his D is that his teammates arent playing as hard on that end this year.