What's new

RIP David Stern

This. Silver just looks like a deer in the headlights. Gary Bettman at least leans into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

תנצבה

It is almost impossible to understate this man's impact on the rise of the NBA as a global force, whether you liked him or not.

I will just bring up these numbers.

When Stern took over as commissioner in 1984, the league had 23 teams and an average attendance of about 10,500 per game.

When he retired, there were 30 teams and the average attendance was 17,500.

The Jazz went from 10 thousand to 19 thousand during that time.

Made the NBA what it is. A few black eyes on his legacy but overall, the league and its players owe a lot to the guy. RIP.

I went to the body worlds exhibit it Dallas. I didnt get queasy in the slightest until I saw the display of a hemorrhaged brain. I nearly passed out. It took 20 minutes to recover my bearings. Disturbing. Gross.

Stern screwed the jazz more than once in his quest to NBA relevancy. Too bad he didnt let the lowly jazz win once. Dick move stern. Hemorrhage sounds like a fitting end to the NBAs version of Voldemort.

RIP.

Remember when he asked Jim Rome "Have you stopped beating your wife?" in response to questions about the lottery being rigged. A true savage.