What's new

Rising Stars Challenge Challenge: USA vs. World

framer

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-stars-challenge-features-usa-vs-world-format

The BBVA Compass Rising Stars Challenge at NBA All-Star 2015 in New York City will feature a new format that pits first- and second-year NBA players from the United States against first- and second-year NBA players from around the world....

... The league's assistant coaches will select 10 U.S. players and 10 international players for the game, with one ballot for each of the NBA's 30 teams. Both 10-man rosters will include four guards, four frontcourt players and two players regardless of position. Each team will also feature a minimum of three first-year players and three second-year players among its 10 spots.

The head coaches for each team will be an assistant from the 2015 NBA All-Star Game coaching staffs. The Eastern Conference and Western Conference All-Star Game coaches will be determined by the best record in the conference through games played on Sunday, Feb. 1.

So Rudy, Wiggins and Greek Freak against Trey and Smart. Seems legit.

Nice! I like this A LOT. I think the players may actually give a damn. Maybe not like it's the playoffs but more than they've cared in the past.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-stars-challenge-features-usa-vs-world-format

So Rudy, Wiggins and Greek Freak against Trey and Smart. Seems legit.
Good. I want Rudy to start recruiting those two for a big hookup in Utah down the road.

"Quin Snyder rules."
"You'll love the weather."
"Dante's gonna blow **** up."
"Mormon girls are hot and do stuff that you can't even believe (after you marry them of course.)"

Whatever it takes. Start working it right now. Need to get another star player somehow.

Oh ****..... I was thinking this was that skills challenge bs where they throw the ball through tires and ****.

Now that I realize what y'all be talkin bout I'm excite

Schroeder
Wiggins
Giannis
???
Gobert

Who would be the starting PF for the World team?
Mirotic for sure. Wiggins will win, but Nico has to be in the Rookie of the Year conversation.

I really hope Dante gets picked as well. I'd love to see how he performs in a loose environment where he can just run, play and have fun. I think that playing with Rudy and kicking some *** would boost his confidence going into the home stretch. Plus, that lineup of internationals looks like a damn fun group.

I really like the USA vs the world concept. Too bad guys like Parker and Gordon are injured. Interested to see how many USA rookies get invited.

Just out of curiosity, I'm interested in who you guys would pick to represent both teams. 10 players from the last 2 years - USA vs. International. . .

Just out of curiosity, I'm interested in who you guys would pick to represent both teams. 10 players from the last 2 years - USA vs. International. . .

World
Schroeder/Exum
Wiggins/Bogdanovic
Giannis
Mirotic/Adams
Gobert/Dieng/Len

USA
MCW/Payton/Burke
Oladipo/Mclemore/Tim Hardaway Jr.
Mcdaniels/
Gordon/
Noel/Plumlee
(I think these guys are all from the US as well..)

Hmm something like that. I'm probably missing a few good picks. What do you guys think?

World
Schroeder/Exum
Wiggins/Bogdanovic
Giannis
Mirotic/Adams
Gobert/Dieng/Len

USA
MCW/Payton/Burke
Mcdaniels/
Gordon/
Noel/Plumlee

Hmm something like that. I'm probably missing a few good picks. What do you guys think?

Good choices.
I pick the world team to win simply due to Wiggins.

Put Wiggins on the usa team and I would pick them

World
Schroeder/Exum
Wiggins/Bogdanovic
Giannis
Mirotic/Adams
Gobert/Dieng/Len

USA
MCW/Payton/Burke
Mcdaniels/
Gordon/
Noel/Plumlee

US is really soft outside of the 1 and 2. Any chance that Hood gets a call up?

World
Schroeder/Exum
Wiggins/Bogdanovic
Giannis
Mirotic/Adams
Gobert/Dieng/Len

USA
MCW/Payton/Burke
Mcdaniels/
Gordon/
Noel/Plumlee

Do you think that World Team makes the playoffs in the Eastern Conference?

World team is freaking stacked with big guys TBH. Good ones will be left off the list. . .

World
Schroeder / Exum
Wiggins / Antetokounmpo / Caboclo
Gobert / Mirotic / Adams / Len / Nurkic

Missed the cut - Dieng, Antic, Bogdanovic, Jingles, Papanikolaou

USA

MCW / Payton / Burke
Oladipo / Muhammad / Hardaway Jr. / McDaniels
Plumlee / Noel / Olynyk

Missed the cut - Smart, LaVine, Stauskus, Covington, Zeller

Had a really hard time cutting Covington, but just couldnt justify putting 4 guys from Philly on the U.S. Team with how they're tanking. World team is huge, but has no shooting. U.S. Team is small and can shoot better, but will get roughed up inside. It'll be interesting to see who they actually go with. Would love to see Burke vs. Exum. Left Smart off the team because I want to see the Jazz guards go against each other SO badly. In the end, I see the Schroeder, Wiggins, Antetokounmpo, Mirotic and Gobert lineup as being too damn long and athletic for the U.S. Team to overcome.

Do you think that World Team makes the playoffs in the Eastern Conference?

Considering that the World team has three guys who look like potential franchise players (Gobert, Wiggins and Antetokounmpo). . . yeah. . . they'd probably make the playoffs. Not enough scoring to go anywhere though.