What's new

Rittenhouse

Without going back to argue anything, I know you about as well as God does. Don't argue that assertion unless you believe in God in the first place. Since you don't, really, it's about like saying I know you as well as any Martian does.

One of the first casualties of becoming a dedicated activist/proponent of any cause is the loss of humor. Humor is essential in dealing with humans.

So just briefly looking at a few words in your response above, I take it you have a detailed, serious proposal you take seriously. I admit I have not seen that, and probably don't want to. Fine.

I was taking your drift a few posts up about how you feel we need some better laws that would basically make it a crime to take a gun to a fight.

I think that basically destroys the right to keep or bear arms.

It's a simple take on a very skimpy remark.

You would do better to laugh at me than argue.

I am always amazed after I sit down and plunk off a post without any thought at all, that people will take it seriously. I always laugh at it, for sure.

Better to laugh with anyone than to sit and laugh alone.

This guy would make a horrible salesman.

He framed all of that horribly. He did not need to specifically list half a dozen things Rosenbaum did that make him look bad, including a few that are clearly criminal.

All he needed to say was that nothing he did posed a threat to Rittenhouse up until Rittenhouse threatened him with a deadly weapon. Nor did Rosenbaum threaten the life or limb of any other person, nor was the punishment for anything he did death, yet Rittenhouse decided to play judge, jury and executioner and executed him (not sure the judge would allow the use of the word "execute" to describe Rittenhouse's actions but if he didn't sub in "killed" and it's the same thing).

Verdict today is a possibility. We'll see if it goes longer, but my guess is he's not found guilty on the major counts.

Verdict today is a possibility. We'll see if it goes longer, but my guess is he's not found guilty on the major counts.
I'm good with that. I do hope he is found guilty on some lesser charges but I don't think he should be found guilty of murder.

If he does any meaningful amount of time I'd consider it a win. Say 6 months or more.

My guess on how he's found on the charges:

COUNT 1: FIRST-DEGREE RECKLESS HOMICIDE, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON - Not Guilty
COUNT 2: FIRST-DEGREE RECKLESSLY ENDANGERING SAFETY, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON - Not Guilty, but I do think there's a decent chance he gets second-degree instead which is a lesser charge that the jury has the option on
COUNT 3: FIRST-DEGREE RECKLESSLY ENDANGERING SAFETY, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON - Not Guilty
COUNT 4: FIRST-DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON - Not Guilty
COUNT 5: ATTEMPTED FIRST-DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON - Not Guilty
COUNT 6: POSSESSION OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON BY A PERSON UNDER 18 - Already Dismissed
COUNT 7: FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH AN EMERGENCY ORDER FROM STATE OR LOCAL GOVERNMENT - Already Dismissed (pointless charge anyway of a fine up to $200)

My guess on how he's found on the charges:

COUNT 1: FIRST-DEGREE RECKLESS HOMICIDE, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON - Not Guilty
COUNT 2: FIRST-DEGREE RECKLESSLY ENDANGERING SAFETY, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON - Not Guilty, but I do think there's a decent chance he gets second-degree instead which is a lesser charge that the jury has the option on
COUNT 3: FIRST-DEGREE RECKLESSLY ENDANGERING SAFETY, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON - Not Guilty
COUNT 4: FIRST-DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON - Not Guilty
COUNT 5: ATTEMPTED FIRST-DEGREE INTENTIONAL HOMICIDE, USE OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON - Not Guilty
COUNT 6: POSSESSION OF A DANGEROUS WEAPON BY A PERSON UNDER 18 - Already Dismissed
COUNT 7: FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH AN EMERGENCY ORDER FROM STATE OR LOCAL GOVERNMENT - Already Dismissed (pointless charge anyway of a fine up to $200)
I'm guessing it will be a hung jury with a 50/50 on granting the mistrial. Seemingly everything about this trial has become a Rorschach test with people seeing what they want to see. I'm thinking it will be that way inside the jury too.

I'm guessing it will be a hung jury with a 50/50 on granting the mistrial. Seemingly everything about this trial has become a Rorschach test with people seeing what they want to see. I'm thinking it will be that way inside the jury too.
Will be interesting. I do feel pretty confident that the intentional homicide charges might see a 12-0 count though - I just don't think those charges are going to hold up.

Will be interesting. I do feel pretty confident that the intentional homicide charges might see a 12-0 count though - I just don't think those charges are going to hold up.
The rumor is, and this is purely rumor from a HIGHLY questionable source whom I do not trust, that jurors are concerned about the repercussions from antifa should they acquit Rittenhouse. If true, then it doesn't matter what they evidence shows. Jurors will be voting on the message they think should be sent. That isn't justice but it is in human nature.

The rumor is, and this is purely rumor from a HIGHLY questionable source whom I do not trust, that jurors are concerned about the repercussions from antifa should they acquit Rittenhouse. If true, then it doesn't matter what they evidence shows. Jurors will be voting on the message they think should be sent. That isn't justice but it is in human nature.
You could probably also figure that if the opposite happens and they hit him up on a bunch of charges that the Proud Boys and similar groups will also throw a fit (not to mention a few government officials who will call it out).

I hope cooler heads will prevail and that we could just accept the jurors decision without the need to retaliate, but I don't expect that etiquette.

You could probably also figure that if the opposite happens and they hit him up on a bunch of charges that the Proud Boys and similar groups will also throw a fit
You could, but that would require an example of the Proud Boys ever doing such a thing. As far as I know, the Proud Boys mostly just beat on ANTIFA. They don't seem to be a 'loot, smash, and burn down the city to show how much we care' type of group.

You could, but that would require an example of the Proud Boys ever doing such a thing. As far as I know, the Proud Boys mostly just beat on ANTIFA. They don't seem to be a 'loot, smash, and burn down the city to show how much we care' type of group.

The reason antifa became a thing at left-wing rallies is due to the efforts of right-wing groups like the Proud Boys.

So the Proud Boys are pretty okay in your estimation?

So the Proud Boys are pretty okay in your estimation?
I don't know that much about them but in a YouTube video of a battle between those smashing, looting, and burning versus those beating on the smashers, looters, and burners, I'm likely to pull for the latter. Beyond my short attention span while watching a video, it isn't anything that resonates with me.

I do find it interesting that even in ANTIFA-crazy Portland, the city council unanimously voted to massively boost the police budget to get ANTIFA under control. Apparently ANTIFA smashing up the Mayor's apartment was enough to change his mind on the whole 'de-fund the police' idiocy.

An NBC News producer has been arrested for trying to photograph and dox members of the Rittenhouse jury. All NBC News and MSNBC personnel have been barred from the courthouse property. A spokesman for NBC News said "We regret the incident and will fully cooperate with the authorities on any investigation."

An NBC News producer has been arrested for trying to photograph and dox members of the Rittenhouse jury. All NBC News and MSNBC personnel have been barred from the courthouse property. A spokesman for NBC News said "We regret the incident and will fully cooperate with the authorities on any investigation."

Pretty disgusting if true.

But commercially there couldn't have been much to gain from taking the footage, could there? It isn't like they would have been able to publish the photographs or provide specific identifying info.

Is the idea that this producer was going to go rogue and begin some clandestine mission to harm the jurors if they vote to acquit?