What's new

Rivalry game lives on- early in the season

SaltyDawg

Just announced- the Rivalry game will continue. Sep 17 2011 at BYU...

No late season games anymore. Who will BYU play late in the season?

Boise State/Utah series has been cancelled.

5.jpg

ya no one cares.
More like its all about Butch Davis. It kinda seems like since he left along with his recruiting finesse, the U has become exactly what they are... a basic ACC team.

Brought the same mentality to North Carolina, and I guarantee the heels would be undefeated if his players weren't so damn stupid. Beginning of the season dude had 6 players in the first and second round. The rest is history though. Has still managed to put up some results against good talent, though. *sigh

At first I was a little disappointed that the games would be early in the season, but since there won't ever be a conference championship on the line, I guess that'll work.

ya no one cares.
More like its all about Butch Davis. It kinda seems like since he left along with his recruiting finesse, the U has become exactly what they are... a basic ACC team.

Brought the same mentality to North Carolina, and I guarantee the heels would be undefeated if his players weren't so damn stupid. Beginning of the season dude had 6 players in the first and second round. The rest is history though. Has still managed to put up some results against good talent, though. *sigh

You are stoopid beyond belief.

At first I was a little disappointed that the games would be early in the season, but since there won't ever be a conference championship on the line, I guess that'll work.

BCS conference teams almost always schedule out of conference games against patsies early in the season. And I know the BYU homers think this is just trash talk, but it's the current reality.

Look at the teams this year. Utah is on another level when compared to BYU. The gap between these programs will only get wider as Utah goes to the Pac 12 and BYU goes independent.

Who does BYU have at home next year? I heard they have San Jose State, Louisiana Tech, Idaho, and some other equally crappy teams. If that's true, Utah is now BYU's super bowl. While BYU is playing those teams, Utah will be playing Oregon, USC, Arizona, Stanford, etc.

Anyone saying BYU will close the gap with Utah anytime soon is just crazy. Leaving the MWC was a terrible mistake for BYU. If they were going to leave, they should have taken all the best programs with them and made a new conference with a decent tv contract. Going independent will prove to be a mistake of epic proportions.

If Utah beats BYU in the second or 3rd week of the season the next 2 years, what will BYU have to play for after that? Bronco can't keep these guys motivated now, with a conference championship and bowl game still possible. What happens next year when they have no conference to win, no player of the week awards, and no bowl game after the season?

Gotta love some schedule padding for the Utes early in the season to get some practice. I heard it was between Utah State and BYU. Im glad the Utes picked the team that sucks more ***.

Clutch posting about Miami in Utah/BYU threads is like me posting about the Pirates in a Red Sox/Yankees thread. Stupid beyond belief.

SDSU is probably better than Utah this year. That said, we'll murder them both per the usual.
LOL! Yeah, every team that smashes BYU is the greatest in the world. Washington will win the Pac 10 this year, right?

I can tell you 1 thing, Utah will be favored when they play SDSU- even though the game is at SDSU.

BYU hasn't "murdered" Utah in ages. They barely won a home game after several questionable calls. Utah, on the other hand, has blown BYU out recently, and will absolutely do it again this year.

If you say it enough times, it comes true!

They're legit. Rocky Long as their DC has done wonders. Lindley has always been a good quarterback and their running back is supposed to be the best thing there since Faulk - going for 133/game currently as a Fresh.