What's new

Rodney Hood Appreciation Thread

David Stern

I feel this deserves its own thread. Hood was picked in the 20s of a draft that is showing to be very average, and all everyone wants to do is crucify him. We all know drafting in that range is difficult, but he's developed into at worst an average starter/sixth man off the bench. He's done NOTHING wrong. This isn't a case where Kirilenko is crying about his "touches" or Boozer is "gonna get a raise, regardless..." this is a player who has stated he WANTS to be in Utah, and plays his heart out for this team. He could EASILY be sulking after all the crap he's taken, and being moved to the bench so that a rookie can take the #1 scoring option he wanted before the season. Nobody needs to bitch about him. He's not the only problem. Can he be better? Sure. But he's not hurting this team as much as the injuries or point guard play.

At the end of the day, I'm excited to see Rodney grow with the rest of the team moving forward. I appreciate his selfless attitude in not throwing a fit when Donovan was allowed to take his presumed role as the #1 option. Here's to you Rodney, for being a pro through a difficult season for this franchise.

More than appreciating Rodney, I really loathe fans who boo their own players, not only in the teams I root for, but in any occasion. These kinds of sociopaths should be sentenced for 6 months w/o social media access and forced to emhpatize with what real people care/struggle for in real life. After that they should be on a 6 month restricted access to their accounts, only to share funny animal gifs.

Rodney has melted this year. I know some of his stats can be mobilized to contradict that statement, but I'm not convinced by them.

Rod plays for a team that gave him an enormous amount of opportunity this year. He hasn't been able to take advantage of that. He should expect some frustration. I'm not condoning it, but he should expect it because it isn't surprising.

No excuse for fans booing their own players, unless they show zero effort. That's not the case with Hood. He's struggling, has lost confidence, is frustrated and it's just snowballing.
He may need a fresh start. I'd definitely rather have a guy like Fournier who's proven he can perform as a starter than risk paying Hood for 4 more years of missed games and terrible shooting.

why do people boo rodney hood, but give over-paid trash dumpsters ingles and rubio a pass?

rodney hood makes
$2,386,864

he has far surpassed his productivity in relation to his price tag.

Now you have Ingles at like 14 and rubio at 14. NOW THATS TOTAL TRASH.

Hood had a really good stretch and was the most consistent he's been in his career this year. Problem is, it only lasted 20 or so games (I'd have to look it up.) Hood has high expectations because of how well he played his first few seasons and after Hayward left, many fans wanted him to step up to the plate and lead the team. The problem is, Hood is exactly what we've seen every year. He's a streaky shooter, inconsistent, doesn't have the it factor and makes low bball IQ decisions. He's a good guy, a great bench guy and good starter for some teams.

Both Hood and Burks boggle my mind. One night, they can drop 30 points and make it look effortless then shoot 1/11 the next night and look like 40-year-old, Chinese league playing Stephon Marbury.

No one should boo him, but he did reject a generous extension offer and expect he will be gone in July. Was watching the Bulls and Zach Lavine, after a year of rust from an ACL, came in and scored so effortlessly it was a good reminder Hood has not developed his game in 3 years and fallen behind a lot of his peers.

No one should boo him, but he did reject a generous extension offer and expect he will be gone in July. Was watching the Bulls and Zach Lavine, after a year of rust from an ACL, came in and scored so effortlessly it was a good reminder Hood has not developed his game in 3 years and fallen behind a lot of his peers.
I thought there was no extension offered?

Rodney Hood is a good player. All aggressive shooters go through slumps. His biggest thing to me is that he needs to translate his aggressiveness to getting to the free throw line to help compensate for some of those nights. If he can add that to his game he'd be a 20+ point scorer.

More than appreciating Rodney, I really loathe fans who boo their own players, not only in the teams I root for, but in any occasion. These kinds of sociopaths should be sentenced for 6 months w/o social media access and forced to emhpatize with what real people care/struggle for in real life. After that they should be on a 6 month restricted access to their accounts, only to share funny animal gifs.

Unwavering blind support regardless of reality <or> jail time. What a fun world it would be with dictator addictionary in charge

Unwavering blind support regardless of reality <or> jail time. What a fun world it would be with dictator addictionary in charge
There is criticising a player for his lack of effort and there is belittling, shaming your very own drafted player that spills blood sweat for you. So you need to put a fine line between criticizing and being a butt hole. The latter is a cancer for a fanbase. Autocontrol will take care of it if the culture is strong enough.