What's new

Romney is campaigning in coal country

northeast

What Republicans won't tell you is that coal is suffering because we have OVERPRODUCED energy in this country during the Obama years.
The coal industry is hurting because we have a GLUT in natural gas, driving down prices in natural gas and coal.

So, if somebody wants to build a coal plant, they can — it’s just that it will bankrupt them, because they are going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that’s being emitted. ~Obama

So, if somebody wants to build a coal plant, they can — it’s just that it will bankrupt them, because they are going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that’s being emitted. ~Obama

Romney campaigning in coal country, sympathizing with workers whose jobs are going down the toilet while Obama and the whole kit and kaboodle of environazis are cheering. . . . . hmmm. . . . .

Mitt's not so dumb after all. I hope he's got a little mobile job service/job training caravan right behind him. Gotta be a whole lot of new jobs driving trucks in Nebraska, Colorado, Louisiana, . . . . hey. . . . even in Ohio, Penn, and upstate NY. . . . workers needed in the natural gas boom, earning $100,000 a year.

Truth is, we don't need the mideast oil anymore. . . .

I hope Mitt realizes that so he'll cancel the planned World War III for strategic control of the stinking Camel culture.

Just get our auto makers on board with mass production of NG vehicles and equipment of all kinds and leave the coal where it is for a hundred years or more.

There are people who blame Obama for lost jobs in the coal industry, thinking that jobs are being lost because Obama is stopping the extraction of oil, nat gas , and coal. The truth is exactly the opposite, which is that there has been so much oil, nat gas, and coal extracted in the US, that there is a glut of product, and prices have plummeted, and this is why the coal industry is hurting now..

Romney is being a disingenuous douche, telling coal workers about the jobs he will create by expanding domestic production of energy.

There are people who blame Obama for lost jobs in the coal industry, thinking that jobs are being lost because Obama is stopping the extraction of oil, nat gas , and coal. The truth is exactly the opposite, which is that there has been so much oil, nat gas, and coal extracted in the US, that there is a glut of product, and prices have plummeted, and this is why the coal industry is hurting now..

Romney is being a disingenuous douche, telling coal workers about the jobs he will create by expanding domestic production of energy.

I'll be happy to watch the price of energy drop. Why "blame" anyone?

I'll be happy to watch the price of energy drop. Why "blame" anyone?

Because that is the name of the game nowadays.

Personally I'd love to see domestic energy get bumped up as long as that foreign energy/oil is dramtically reduced.

How about Biden's comments?

I mean, I hate what Wall Street has done and think many more should have gone to jail, but 'Wall Street' has no power to put people 'in chains.' You enter into relations with them voluntarily through loans/CC's/mortgages you can't afford etc.

You're an idiot. They were not using the word literally.

Republican's were the ones to use the word chains first and then when Biden uses the word in his response to what they said about chains, they freak out for him using the same word they did.
Idiots. Hypocrites. Deceivers.

You are wrong about the power of Wall Street, but it is not worth the time it would take to discuss it with you.

Last edited:
Let's discuss this one...

A private-sector agreement could help India avert future power outages by importing 9 million tons of coal a year from Kentucky and West Virginia.

Gov. Steve Beshear announced the 25-year, $7 billion agreement between India's Abhijeet Group and Kentucky-based Booth Energy Group and River Trading Co., calling it good news for U.S. coal miners who have lost their jobs because of a decline in domestic coal sales.

Kentucky coal producers have been searching for foreign customers as the U.S. slowly moves away from coal-fired generating plants.

So a few thoughts...

- So now, we don't really care about solving 'global warming', just outsourcing who contributes to it? Oh, and how will the coal be traveling to India, Hybrid Tanker?

- Since the above (Democrats don't care about global warming) is true, why exactly are we helping build industrial superpowers overseas? You know, the kind that thrive on cheap energy? You know, the kind we have right here that we are going to load on to diesel engines, ship to the coast, load on to tankers that both spew carbon and are a threat to sink and spill their coal in to the ocean's ecosystem?

https://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_162-57493791/india-to-get-9m-tons-of-appalachian-coal-annually/

You're an idiot. They were not using the word literally.

Republican's were the ones to use the word chains first and then when Biden uses the word in his response to what they said about chains, they freak out for him using the same word they did.
Idiots. Hypocrites. Deceivers.

What's annoying about you is that you see this as a battle of good vs. evil. As though Republicans just want to hurt people and be mean while Democrats just want to help make the world a better place. It is equally annoying dealing with your Republican doppelgangers.

Anyway, it looks like I've neg repped you recently so I can't on this post. Maybe soon... I think calling someone an idiot like you have is uncalled for.

In fairness, I've called him an idiot and probably worse.

I agree though, GF, for me it is not so much about which party, but what decisions need to be made.. I couldn't care two ***** which party gets the credit as long as good decisions are made. I'm only starting to lean more right on this board mainly because of distancing myself from the kookiness of northeast and thriller.

I would welcome good discussion of ways to better America, if we can drop the stupid partisanship crap.