What's new

Roster Building From Here - FA and Summer of 2023

That's the rumor, but who knows if it's actually true.
Its a rumor... reported by Woj... multiple times... in random scenarios... his group wants it out there likely for leverage against Philly. If they call his bluff I'm sure he's cool going to Houston.

Speaking of IT and being cutthroat.
IT as in Isaiah that he was cutthroat with dealing him after putting his career on the line with his injury or IT as in Pennywise literally cutting throats? Both applications work.

IT as in Isaiah that he was cutthroat with dealing him after putting his career on the line with his injury or IT as in Pennywise literally cutting throats? Both applications work.
I really dont think the IT situation was that cutthroat. He traded him to a team with Lebron James, spare me the sob story. He has his own agency on if he played injured or not.

The number 3 is worth 4 to 6 picks. Taking on Nurkic's salary should be worth 2 picks. Kessler is worth 1.5 picks. Kelly Olynyk is with .5.picks.

I would offer Kessler, KO, Gay + the Lakers pick + Quality pick for Nurkic + Scoot. The Blazers might consider because it makes their salary situation better and they get quality play from the center spot and quality draft capital.

The number 3 is worth 4 to 6 picks. Taking on Nurkic's salary should be worth 2 picks. Kessler is worth 1.5 picks. Kelly Olynyk is with .5.picks.

I would offer Kessler, KO, Gay + the Lakers pick + Quality pick for Nurkic + Scoot. The Blazers might consider because it makes their salary situation better and they get quality play from the center spot and quality draft capital.
Saying taking on Nurkics contact is worth two picks is absolutely insane imo. He's declined, but it's only 17/18/19mil over the next three seasons. He's had injury concerns and lost a lot of athleticism for a bit now but he's still a 28-year old solid starting center on a fine contract.

I'd have to imagine Portland would want some combination of Lauri, Kessler, and 9 for 3 as they'd looking for immediate help. Do we do that?

What's a pick here? There is no way I give up 4-6 unprotected picks for #3. Not sure Nurkic is very much negative value at all. I don't think Portland would make that trade, but that's one I'd have to consider. Giving up on Walker would suck though.

I'd have to imagine Portland would want some combination of Lauri, Kessler, and 9 for 3 as they'd looking for immediate help. Do we do that?
I wouldn't even dream of trading Lauri for the 3rd straight up, but Kessler and 9 might be fairly close.

Feels like Memphis will definitely want to hang on to Tyus Jones next season with the possibility of Ja facing a long suspension.

Alright... didn't want to start a thread on the guy... but the FA opportunity we should make happen is Bruce Brown.

Denver can't keep him. They only have early bird rights so when he opts out they can only offer him like a little less than 8M per year. So his current team is out.

Here is what we offer... 4/55M plus or minus 5M. Make it frontloaded (can only decline by 5% per year but helps the contract have slightly more value as the cap increases. I would just flat out promise him a starting role. He is primarily a 2-3 but can operate as a pg or pf at times. His three point shooting was the knock on him and that has improved. He's been a successful chameleon in some situations... He's worth it if that role continues... but what if a coach prioritized him a bit more? What happens then?

The lineup data this year is overwhelmingly positive... as a 2, 3, or pg... he has a positive impact. Even if he just continues his current trajectory and makes slight improvements he could be a hugely valuable piece as we build out the rest of the roster and a huge trade asset. As a starter the last two years his shooting numbers are even better... as a full time started on a team that will provide him a few more opportunities and pay him appropriately... I think it would be hard to say no to that. I think that's the best value signing of the offseason for some team (non-minimum that is). If we don't land the pg of the future I think you can get by with a Sexton/Brown backcourt.

I've been a fan since Detroit and think he just keeps finding his way on the court. Listened to him talk about his time in Brooklyn and it was eye opening. Just no ball movement and no chemistry by time they were done. Still found a way to get it done as a small ball forward roll man. Dude is just a basketball player and it appears he has fixed his main flaw.

Go get him.

I've been thinking about Kyle Kuzma a lot.

If you can get the best version of what he was building towards in Washington, you could have a really good player.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0ACdZ50SwA&t=31s

I just can't decide if he is empty calories or not. Washington is a **** show... it depends on price. I can't imagine the new GM is excited about using all his cap space for the next few years on Beal, Kuzma, Zinger. So maybe the price on Kyle stays reasonable.

I think I could be down at 18-20M per but he might push to 25M+. My thought on him is would I rather have Collins at 3/75M and get an asset or have Kuzma at 4/100M?

I just can't decide if he is empty calories or not. Washington is a **** show... it depends on price. I can't imagine the new GM is excited about using all his cap space for the next few years on Beal, Kuzma, Zinger. So maybe the price on Kyle stays reasonable.

I think I could be down at 18-20M per but he might push to 25M+. My thought on him is would I rather have Collins at 3/75M and get an asset or have Kuzma at 4/100M?
I don't think he's empty calories, but he takes way too many 3's for being a mediocre 3 point shooter.

But I wouldnt' max him. It would have to be a sub-max deal of some kind. With the new CBA, Kuzma isnt worthy of a max.

I don't think he's empty calories, but he takes way too many 3's for being a mediocre 3 point shooter.

But I wouldnt' max him. It would have to be a sub-max deal of some kind. With the new CBA, Kuzma isnt worthy of a max.
What is your Kuzma budget?