What's new

Royce O’Neale and Quin midcareer revivals

I don't think Royce is having a breakout season by anyone's standards except maybe this stat. He is finishing at the rim very well so far but he's offset that with terrible 3 point shooting. If he keeps up this bad shooting he'll really start hurting the offense. Teams will give him the Rubio treatment.

I don't think Royce is having a breakout season by anyone's standards except maybe this stat. He is finishing at the rim very well so far but he's offset that with terrible 3 point shooting. If he keeps up this bad shooting he'll really start hurting the offense. Teams will give him the Rubio treatment.

Agreed. He's been pretty solid but I definitely don't think he's having a breakout season. His scoring and assists are almost identical to the past couple of seasons and his rebounding is actually down a little bit.

Last edited:
I think that’s the point of the article, to point out the effect he’s having outside of traditional box scores. Definitely interesting to see

Agreed. He's been pretty solid but I definitely don't think he's having a breakout season. His scoring and assists are almost identical to the past couple of seasons and his rebounding is actually down a little bit.
He's a solid hustle guy who fits our team pretty well for his price tag.

If only he was used properly as an energy back up. Having him as a starter and playing along our tiny back court will always hurt us in the playoffs. Keep praising him, but he's not the answer at the 3.

I kind of wish Royce would expand his game a little bit. His finishing is actually really impressive in the open court. Could he be more aggressive with driving on straight line opportunities and get to the FT line or collapse the defense?

He's been a solid open 3pt shooter his entire career. Teams arent going to start ignoring him completely. He will always be the guy you sag off a bit because who else are you going to help off? But he isnt going to get a Rubio treatment.

Royce would be part of any situational lineup I could think of. He just makes a lineup work, especially on our team. I do think we are in the prime of Royce's career right now.

He's been a solid open 3pt shooter his entire career. Teams arent going to start ignoring him completely. He will always be the guy you sag off a bit because who else are you going to help off? But he isnt going to get a Rubio treatment.
Unless he keeps up his current shooting. But I think that's unlikely. I assume him and the other vets shooting poorly will head back to their norms.