What's new

Rubio is not the answer going forward

Rudy is 3rd in screen assist per game this year, so it's business as usual. Udoh's 2.8 per game are the highest on a per minute basis in the NBA. So maybe what you are saying is bogus?

And I disagree on Rubio "playing like a lower tier starter". He has had issues with turnovers. That's his only real problem right now. He is still a top defender and he is still finding shooters who are open. Just because Rudy is being covered and bumped more doesnt mean Rubio can't pass. Rudy just isnt as open as he was last year.

And Rubio has been a scorer. He gets to the foul line 4 times per game and he has a go-to reliable scoring move.

And like I've said on every over-reaction post, you can't judge shooting numbers this early in the season.

How carefully did you watch the game against the Lakers? Rubio was turning over the game to them until Quin substituted Mitchell in for him. I agree with Jack Strop as I have already said -- he's trying to do too much, things that he is not capable of doing, and in fact teams have been daring him to shoot, and if you notice the way our offense is set up, when he misses we seldom get the rebound. The first three games he played well, but the last two he has not. I also think that the way things stand, whether it be Mitchell or Rubio at PG, we need Ingles in there for maximum offensive efficiency. Ingles is much better working with Rudy. Maybe Rubio will get it eventually; we shall see.

You really crying I negged a post where you hoped for injuries to Jazz players?

cry me a river bish.

And in case you didnt know, negs aren't me saying you can't have an opinion, it's me saying your opinion is especially bad (and in this case distasteful).

Yes, I agree, and to say that Rubio is not the answer, is not distasteful, especially considering how he has played the last two games. You can't evaluate a player simply on stats. Just because he scored 21 points people think he played well. The guy who played well, or I would say, amazing, was Mitchell in the 4th quarter. This is an indication of things to come. He gave hints of this in summer league as well. Without that performance, the Jazz may well have lost and then what good would Rubio's 21 points have done?

Yes, I agree, and to say that Rubio is not the answer, is not distasteful, especially considering how he has played the last two games. You can't evaluate a player simply on stats. Just because he scored 21 points people think he played well. The guy who played well, or I would say, amazing, was Mitchell in the 4th quarter. This is an indication of things to come. He gave hints of this in summer league as well. Without that performance, the Jazz may well have lost and then what good would Rubio's 21 points have done?

Try reading the post I quoted with these words. I never called his opinion on Rubio distasteful.

Should this thread be revived? It seems some people are starting to think like this now. Rubio hasn't played very well in the last three losses and doesn't seem to be fitting in very well with Rudy. Many people don't have much confidence in his shooting and it seems the other teams don't either and are giving him open looks because they expect him to miss.

I don't want to play scrubs at PG. Rubio might not be perfect for us, but he can at least run the point. If we traded him, we end up going to Neto or something similar. Watching us play with 3rd PG's was awful in recent years.

I think he plays out his contract here then moves on.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Here's my concern with Rubio. And it's not a concern with Gobert, Mitchell, Neto, Favors, heck, even Hayward who's gone.

I doubt he's a gym rat. I doubt he works on his craft and spends hours in a gym shooting threes or on other certain aspects of his game. And for that reason, he'll always be what he is and has been.

Here's my concern with Rubio. And it's not a concern with Gobert, Mitchell, Neto, Favors, heck, even Hayward who's gone.

I doubt he's a gym rat. I doubt he works on his craft and spends hours in a gym shooting threes or on other certain aspects of his game. And for that reason, he'll always be what he is and has been.

original1.gif

Favors the gym rat? I like Rubio's odds there more. Mitchell doesn't count yet. He's still riding the draft honeymoon. I'd say Gobert, Neto, and Ingles are for sure.

This sounds uninformed ...guys play in the olympics and world championships ,european championships and NBA and still someone will think they dont live in the gym.
Rubio is in the wrong system playing for Snyder but you don't hustle all game long if you don't spend time in the gym