What's new

Rubio not staying?

No, he hasn't. His 3pt shooting actually declined. And "minor deficiencies?" What games have you been watching?. Is Rubio better than Exum or Neto? Yes, but that's like asking if you'd rather have Spam, cat food, or dog food for dinner. Me, I prefer steak or at least a hamburger.

Rubio will NEVER get a team to the Finals. And if that ain't your goal, sell the damn team to owners that give a **** and hire a GM that will do his ****ing job.

He may not be the starter if we make a trade, but having him on our roster as a back up and relief starter would be a very good thing. We we need is not replacing Ribio, but adding for SHOOTERS that can actually shoot, without breaking up our chemisity or trying to introduce a "new system" to our offense! We've got a half-dozen dummies at the end of our roster we can try and package for another shooter, don't ya think?

Ok guys, it’s official. Replacing Rubio is the right move.

He had some brilliant games against the Rockets, better than average. We can beat anybody with the present roster and we just need a part or two to take us to the l next level!

Been a long time coming... Let it be known, it was never a good idea....

Dennis Lindsey is a behind-the-times asshat...Another PG bites the dust... Ricky Rubio is decent but in the NBA the PG position is LUH-OA-DED and with the other parts in place here Ricky is not an ideal fit, not even close...

What happened here, at the PG postion (his greatest failure) is he was swinging for singles and still didnt make contact...

PLUS its even worse than that tbh because they spent 2 1st rd picks!!!!!! Those trades for Ricky and George Hill have now returned nothing... Jazz need a more scrappy GM tbh.

Funny thing is watch this --- The youth wave will start soon I think, 3-6 years too late but still... I guess they will finally see the light.. PPL on this forum will tell me im wrong every step of the way too..

how many of the BIG fights, the ones that spilled into 10 pages of me fighting with 10ppl was I actually right about??? Seems like most all of them............ I was the guy who thoroughly debunked Schroder vs Burke here too so I honestly still always go back to that, imagine they took Schroder, all these other assets woulda been saved, it'd have generated a lot of much needed attrition --- u can't tell me otherwise seeing how it's all played out....

Rubio is a feather fisted PG and Lindsey has failed some of our guys like Mitchell and Rudy trying to fit in mismatched flawed makeshift pieces. Basketball teams are grown, this thing they've done here is like the Knicks in the early 2000's --- u cant tell me otherwise... the Knicks used to habitually trade their first rd picks for overpriced rentals --- No???

and i mean seriously George hill comes here and his agent wants 131million dollar deal... that speaks something to Dennis Lindsey's ability to anticipate.. or that he's a gambler, sacrificing some of tomorrow for a slightly less ****** today

Please shut the **** up. You touted Harrison Barnes as our ****ing savior and the guy wouldn’t have made an iota of a difference.

Starting lineup next year:

Ingles
Mitchell
Royce/*insert new potential offensive threat here*
*insert new potential offensive threat here*/Favors
Gobert

Ingles plays 28 or so minutes per game, Mitchell takes remaining backup minutes, along with a signed back up PG for a good price.

I love quin. So i ask this with reluctance ...

Does he have unrealistic expectations for his pg? Or does his offense require player skills the jazz cant acquire?

Trey. Dante. George Hill. Ricky Rubio. Who's next. It costs alot to feed Quins pg appetite.

Last week Gordon Chiesa said there are a handful of teams looking at Ricky. He said Ricky would do well in a system where he is a distributor and not 1-3 option. Good luck to him wherever he lands.

Been a long time coming... Let it be known, it was never a good idea....

Dennis Lindsey is a behind-the-times asshat...Another PG bites the dust... Ricky Rubio is decent but in the NBA the PG position is LUH-OA-DED and with the other parts in place here Ricky is not an ideal fit, not even close...

What happened here, at the PG postion (his greatest failure) is he was swinging for singles and still didnt make contact...

PLUS its even worse than that tbh because they spent 2 1st rd picks!!!!!! Those trades for Ricky and George Hill have now returned nothing... Jazz need a more scrappy GM tbh.

Funny thing is watch this --- The youth wave will start soon I think, 3-6 years too late but still... I guess they will finally see the light.. PPL on this forum will tell me im wrong every step of the way too..

how many of the BIG fights, the ones that spilled into 10 pages of me fighting with 10ppl was I actually right about??? Seems like most all of them............ I was the guy who thoroughly debunked Schroder vs Burke here too so I honestly still always go back to that, imagine they took Schroder, all these other assets woulda been saved, it'd have generated a lot of much needed attrition --- u can't tell me otherwise seeing how it's all played out....

Rubio is a feather fisted PG and Lindsey has failed some of our guys like Mitchell and Rudy trying to fit in mismatched flawed makeshift pieces. Basketball teams are grown, this thing they've done here is like the Knicks in the early 2000's --- u cant tell me otherwise... the Knicks used to habitually trade their first rd picks for overpriced rentals --- No???

and i mean seriously George hill comes here and his agent wants 131million dollar deal... that speaks something to Dennis Lindsey's ability to anticipate.. or that he's a gambler, sacrificing some of tomorrow for a slightly less ****** today

DL initially got it right. Hill was outstanding here and fit the team like a glove. Then....he got greedy and wouldn't extend for a reasonable rate in March of 2017. He was never really paid in his career and was looking for a massive pay day. He ended up with a 1 year deal in Sacramento for 20m, his TO will be declined this next year by Milwaukee, and live the rest of his NBA life out in obscurity, missing out on probably 50 extra million dollars he could have got with a 3 year extension for the Jazz.

Should DL have anticipated Hill would make such a poor financial choice for his future? I don't know. There is no way to account for the "human factor". Sometime players just make asinine decisions and screw you over, which is what Hill did to us. If you limit yourselves to just drafting and signing free agents though, you don't have many options.

DL initially got it right. Hill was outstanding here and fit the team like a glove. Then....he got greedy and wouldn't extend for a reasonable rate in March of 2017. He was never really paid in his career and was looking for a massive pay day. He ended up with a 1 year deal in Sacramento for 20m, his TO will be declined this next year by Milwaukee, and live the rest of his NBA life out in obscurity, missing out on probably 50 extra million dollars he could have got with a 3 year extension for the Jazz.

Maybe DL should have anticipated that? I don't know. There is no way to account for the "human factor". Sometime players just make asinine decisions and screw you over, which is what Hill did to us. If you limit yourselves to just drafting and signing free agents though, you don't have many options.
You are wrong! and to answer YES, thats his job!!! The future was brighter here with George Hill you're telling me??? --- that also sounds like a crock of **** i ain't buying...

What about Monte Morris? Thsi guy dropped to the bottom of the 2nd rd and he shot 41% from 3, played all 82 games for the Nuggets, been giving them quality minutes in the off's, 16 PER on the szn. The facts of the matter are Lindsey was looking thru old names trying to rekindle old glory, the plan always should've been to stick to player development --- You can say "We're all about player development" til you're blue in the face, trading away 1st rd picks like what happend for Hill and Rubio means you're not fully invested in that, and still looking for shortcuts......

he was looking for shortcuts and didnt find them... what more is there to say... other than ofc, lets try again...

Lmfao, comedy after a bad *** fight scene. Thanks Lord Bullingdon.

You are wrong! and to answer YES, thats his job!!! The future was brighter here with George Hill you're telling me??? --- that also sounds like a crock of **** i ain't buying...

What about Monte Morris? Thsi guy dropped to the bottom of the 2nd rd and he shot 41% from 3, played all 82 games for the Nuggets, been giving them quality minutes in the off's, 16 PER on the szn. The facts of the matter are Lindsey was looking thru old names trying to rekindle old glory, the plan always should've been to stick to player development --- You can say "We're all about player development" til you're blue in the face, trading away 1st rd picks like what happend for Hill and Rubio means you're not fully invested in that, and still looking for shortcuts......

he was looking for shortcuts and didnt find them... what more is there to say... other than ofc, lets try again...

When healthy, the Jazz were awesome with Hill/Hayward/Gobert. Gobert's improvement would have offset Hill's decline from age. It would have been 3 years of 55+ wins and a punchers chance at a ring. I'll take it over drafting Furkan Kormkaz, Luwawu, Valentine, Skal, Ellenson, Chriss, Baldwin, all busts hyped up as stars in the draft thread.....yes we just don't sweep those names under a rug. That draft was a mess and DL knew it.

Does he have unrealistic expectations for his pg? Or does his offense require player skills the jazz cant acquire?

Trey. Dante. George Hill. Ricky Rubio. Who's next. It costs alot to feed Quins pg appetite.

So does his coke habit, but sometimes you have to pay the price.

Honestly, this is a good question. I don't think it's unrealistic to have a PG who can D up a bit, launch a three consistently, and setup the play. Trey sucked when he was here, George went and made 20m elsewhere, Dante is wind gust away from breaking a rib, Neto playing more than 15 minutes statistically causes the Jazz to have the worst record in the league (tweet from Larson) and Ricky's laid enough bricks to make Habitat for Humanity proud. If Ricky was even close to 35% from deep (his final stats last year), we don't have this conversation and Utah makes it a legit series with Houston.

In truth, I'm okay with Ricky as long as we have three shooters on the floor. Problem is this offseason will probably come down to Ricky or Favors (probably both if the Jazz go big with their ambition). If we have to make that choice, the Jazz will keep Favors and find another PG or slot DM there and get a SG. The position, in terms of availability, is loaded and the Jazz have to roll the dice.

Should DL have anticipated Hill would make such a poor financial choice for his future? I don't know. There is no way to account for the "human factor". Sometime players just make asinine decisions and screw you over, which is what Hill did to us. If you limit yourselves to just drafting and signing free agents though, you don't have many options.
Hill got a 3 year deal bud

Last week Gordon Chiesa said there are a handful of teams looking at Ricky. He said Ricky would do well in a system where he is a distributor and not 1-3 option. Good luck to him wherever he lands.

Well, with the four out trend, what teams would he even be a fit? What teams even need a starter? Off the top of my head, I can’t think of any.

Rubio was pretty mediocre in pretty much every single aspect of his game throughout his career. The only thing he was actually good at was being a floor general which is huge for a PG, but in today's NBA not as important if you can't score. I'm thankful for everything he brought and he's a class act but he's just not very good. He's a fringe starter or a great 6th man.

I don't think Quin's "apetites" got anything to do with it. Well... I hope so.
That said, Hill worked fairly well every time he was able to step on court.