What's new

Rubio traded to Jazz

I love that we have Rubio.
When the Jazz did their significant damage in days gone by, it was Stockton, Malone, and Hornacek.
And now?
If we get Hayward to stay...
We'll have our Stockton (Rubio), our Malone (Gobert), our Hornacek (Ingles), and... one more additional massive add to the equation (Hayward).
This was not possible with Hill. He wasn't pass-first. Rubio is. The whole reason we did so well with Malone and Hornacek as recipients was because Stockton looked to create first. We now have that possibility with Rubio.
Provided we resign Rubio when it's possible, the next 4 years could be outright magical.

Rubio < Stockton. Gobert < Malone. Ingles < Hornacek. Not even close

Yeah. I hate guys comparing our current Stars to our former Hall of Fame players. I love Gobert and Hayward. . . but they've got a helluva long way to go before they're in the Stockton/Malone conversation.

if hayward/gobert win a championship in utah, they will be worshiped even more than stockton/malone.

street named after them? They might even make a city named after them. I will live there

Yeah. I hate guys comparing our current Stars to our former Hall of Fame players. I love Gobert and Hayward. . . but they've got a helluva long way to go before they're in the Stockton/Malone conversation.

Yeah. Gobert is in the running to be one of the better defensive players of the last decade (maybe one of the top 3 best centers of the last decade even if he keeps improving on offense), and Hayward is an all-star talent, and Ingles is a nice glue guy. None of which really compare to one of the best 3-pt shooters of all-time (who could also play the point as well as any PG we have had since stock retired really), the best assist man of all-time (and it's not even close) who was also one of the best 2-way PGs of all time (career steals leader, hello), and the #1 or #2 (depending on whether Duncan is counted as a PF - news flash, he wasn't a PF, but oh well) best power forward to ever play the game.

Recency bias at work.

Thee jazz fan said:

Ellis269 said:

Yeah. Gobert is in the running to be one of the better defensive players of the last decade (maybe one of the top 3 best centers of the last decade even if he keeps improving on offense), and Hayward is an all-star talent, and Ingles is a nice glue guy. None of which really compare to one of the best 3-pt shooters of all-time (who could also play the point as well as any PG we have had since stock retired really), the best assist man of all-time (and it's not even close) who was also one of the best 2-way PGs of all time (career steals leader, hello), and the #1 or #2 (depending on whether Duncan is counted as a PF - news flash, he wasn't a PF, but oh well) best power forward to ever play the game.

Recency bias at work.

I agree with these.

But I'd also like to clarify that I'm just referring to systematic pieces that worked well here in Utah years ago. I realize we're not running the same offense, and I realize we're not dealing with players of the same nature/caliber/whatever, but having a pick-and-roll offense with a solid recipient off of the pick, as well as an alternate target that can hit outside shots is a formula for success. And having ANOTHER scoring option outside of the screen setter on the pick and roll just opens things up more.

Yep.

Last edited:
if hayward/gobert win a championship in utah, they will be worshiped even more than stockton/malone.

street named after them? They might even make a city named after them. I will live there

Haybert or Goward?

Rubio showing more commitment to the Jazz at the meeting than Hill ever did

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm super impressed that he jumped on a plane and flew in from Spain on almost no notice to be a part of this meeting today. If I'm Hayward. . . that commitment, plus Rudy freaking Gobert makes it REALLY hard for me to leave.

I'm super impressed that he jumped on a plane and flew in from Spain on almost no notice to be a part of this meeting today. If I'm Hayward. . . that commitment, plus Rudy freaking Gobert makes it REALLY hard for me to leave.
No doubt, or Hayward is a prick and so is his wife with those Twitter pics lol

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using JazzFanz mobile app

So strange that DL chose Rubio as the guy to help make the pitch.

Like he hasn't even come to Utah and met the team yet.. lol..

So strange that DL chose Rubio as the guy to help make the pitch.

Like he hasn't even come to Utah and met the team yet.. lol..

Except that getting Rubio was obviously a move that Hayward approved of and he's a dude that's well liked by all of his teammates. I'd rather have him in the room if he's willing to make the trip. He was, so I have a lot of respect for him being there.

Except that getting Rubio was obviously a move that Hayward approved of and he's a dude that's well liked by all of his teammates. I'd rather have him in the room if he's willing to make the trip. He was, so I have a lot of respect for him being there.
So strange to me that Hayward would choose Rubio over Hill.

Hill's shooting spreads the floor for Hayward's drive. Rubio's poor shooting clogs the paint for Hayward.

It's a strange one for me.

Hill's shooting spreads the floor for Hayward's drive. Rubio's poor shooting clogs the paint for Hayward.

Hill chose Rubio over Hill. He thought he was going to get his payday, so he kept passing up offers until the Jazz had no choice but to make a move. Utah is way better off knowing what their PG situation is moving forward and they just couldn't wait for George to test the market. Hayward has apparently made statements that indicated he'd like to play with Rubio.

Hill chose Rubio over Hill. He thought he was going to get his payday, so he kept passing up offers until the Jazz had no choice but to make a move. Utah is way better off knowing what their PG situation is moving forward and they just couldn't wait for George to test the market. Hayward has apparently made statements that indicated he'd like to play with Rubio.
Yes Hayward reportedly made that statement it's just strange. Hayward also likes to pass but obviously he likes scoring more i.e. prefers Rubio to give him easy baskets.

Rumors were than he wanted to play with a pass first PG. Rubio is a pass first PG who helps sets up his teammates. He obviously doesnt spread the floor with shooting as well as Hill but he does pass the ball much better and is a better defender.

Rumors were than he wanted to play with a pass first PG. Rubio is a pass first PG who helps sets up his teammates. He obviously doesnt spread the floor with shooting as well as Hill but he does pass the ball much better and is a better defender.
I may have underestimated how much Hayward has transitioned from a pass happy all round wing to a scorer this past year. It's what got him to become an All Stars.

If that report is true that Gordon wants a pass-first PG, isn't this a dig on Hill, Mack and Exum?
We all know they are not pass-first PG but to point it out is just brutal.

By the way, the Jazz do have a pass-first PG in Neto.
Too bad he gets limited minutes during games:mad: Mack!