What's new

Rubio

MilesDeep

Ok, for those concerned about Rubio. I'm pirating info from Aschburners article, but saves you from having to read it.

"Consider that in the 10 seasons after Minnesota traded away Kevin Garnett in 2007, 101 different players appeared in a regular-season game for the team. Of those, 62 logged at least 500 minutes. Well, the Wolves outscored their foes with just two of them on the floor:

* Rubio, who was plus-345 in 11,216 minutes.

* Garnett, who was plus-72 in 654 minutes in a second stint (2015-2016) in Minnesota."

I knew I liked him, but this is quite unbelievable.

I think Rubio was a nice pick up, young veteran, decent contract, plays D, #5 in assists last season

When our offense went stale last season we could have used his play creation, hill really wasnt a great assist guy he pretty much brought the ball up, passed to ingles or hayward who ran the offense while he camped at the corner

It's been so long I don't know if the players will know what to do with a passing pg. The fans sure won't know how to react if reliably good passing starts to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Rubio will shine in our offense, especially if he can improve his spot up 3pt shooting which I am almost certain he can, expecting him to shoot 35-45% on open looks.

Rudy and Favs will be huge beneficiaries but I believe Exum will also. I watch him a lot and he loves to cut to the basket, I think Rubio will be able to hit him with passes that Hill was unable or unwilling to make. Should be fun to watch.

I think Rubio will put up the best numbers in his career playing in our system and under Quin, making him a valuable trade asset if Exum is able to improve enough to hold down the 1.

he can't shoot.

hes gona have a problem. defenders slack off him big time....same problem exum has.

I agree, but post all star he was a different player. Watched a lot of their games, and the announcers talked about it a lot. His shooting was just better. Hope it continues.

Hello, im from spain, follow Rubio on wolves, and i will follow him on Jazz adventure, happy he lands on a very good team and franchise, if he fits we gonna enjoy some of the best basquetball on the league. Mostly of the spanish people we follow Rubio are suporting jazz now. We create a spanish forum (like timbetrolls to wolves) named Utrolls jazz http://foros.acb.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=499818Foro ACB is the bigger basquetball forum on spain. This year finally "PO con la minga".

Hello, im from spain, follow Rubio on wolves, and i will follow him on Jazz adventure, happy he lands on a very good team and franchise, if he fits we gonna enjoy some of the best basquetball on the league. Mostly of the spanish people we follow Rubio are suporting jazz now. We create a spanish forum (like timbetrolls to wolves) named Utrolls jazz http://foros.acb.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=499818Foro ACB is the bigger basquetball forum on spain. This year finally "PO con la minga".
Welcome!

Foreign players are good for us because they're more likely to be satisfied and stay in a small market like utah methinks, more loyal, plus all these young Spanish players growing up will idolize the jazz. Maybe insignificant but its a thought. I know the spurs prefer them, says they seem to work harder and are more focused