What's new

Rudy and Derrick

Engorged On Unborn Gore

Favs is truly making this season special for us in a way that is just as vital as what Bogey, Ingles, and even Clarkson are bringing to the team.

Just by playing around 16-17 minutes per game, he is simultaneously making the second unit solid (or better) on both ends of the floor, and spelling Gobert just enough to keep him fresh for every game.

Gobert is right at 30 mpg after the Miami game. It is about 2-3 minutes less than he has averaged for the last four years, and 4 minites less than what he averaged last year. That may not seem like much, but it could make a huge difference come playoff time.

Consequently, playing <20 mpg is perfect for Favs, too. We went through several years where playing 25+ starter minutes wore Derrick out by February. His current role often pits him against second units, which is an advantage for the Jazz.

I am so glad to have D-Favs back.

It's a bummer for Faves that his legs doesn't allow him to start in this league (as he can't really take that mileage season long), and at the same time, that's what makes him available to the Jazz, and this role maybe a perfect marriage (or as close to it as it can get).

The secret sauce to the Jazz's success this season has been their depth. In the past, if their top player was having an off game, then they probably would lose the game. Now, someone else will just step up.

Favs is truly making this season special for us in a way that is just as vital as what Bogey, Ingles, and even Clarkson are bringing to the team.

Just by playing around 16-17 minutes per game, he is simultaneously making the second unit solid (or better) on both ends of the floor, and spelling Gobert just enough to keep him fresh for every game.

Gobert is right at 30 mpg after the Miami game. It is about 2-3 minutes less than he has averaged for the last four years, and 4 minites less than what he averaged last year. That may not seem like much, but it could make a huge difference come playoff time.

Consequently, playing <20 mpg is perfect for Favs, too. We went through several years where playing 25+ starter minutes wore Derrick out by February. His current role often pits him against second units, which is an advantage for the Jazz.

It's more than that. Faves is good enough to throw against starters as well, allowing us to stagger Rudy to get minutes against opponent's benches, where he absolutely feasts and helps generate some of those 10-0 runs we are so fond of.

There are very few players with as good hands as Favs. He snatches up everything within his area. I think if Rudy had hands like Favs, he'd average 30 a game.

Dude has some of the best hands on a big man in the league, if Rudy had half his feel he'd average 30.

Completely agree with all of the comments above. So are we past complaining about the FO giving up 2nd round picks so we could clear space for Favs and Clarkson? As stunning as that was at the time it is even more so now.

Consequently, playing
That's the most "likes" I have seen a post receive in a long time.
Well done

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

It looks like the Jazz were finally able to unite the defensive effort and outstanding chemistry of 2017-19 squad with last year's team which was much more versatile on offense.

It looks like the Jazz were finally able to unite the defensive effort and outstanding chemistry of 2017-19 squad with last year's team which was much more versatile on offense.
Conley in place of Rubio.
Bojan in place of Crowder.
Clarkson in place of Korver.

I think the biggest attribute Favors brings is professionalism. The way he works at practice, communicates on the court, supports his teammates and handles himself in the locker room.

He is a solid player on the court, but his presence is light years ahead of Ed Davis. Practices are more efficient and everything just gels better. Davis is a likeable dude. Favors makes everything work better.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

This team's depth really highlights how sorely lacking those Stockton/Malone teams were in the role player department. Just imagine if the front office would have supported them more.

He
There are very few players with as good hands as Favs. He snatches up everything within his area. I think if Rudy had hands like Favs, he'd average 30 a game.
Would definitely add another 6 to 8 points to his averages for the balls he fumbles away.