What's new

Rudy Curry

If Rudy could develop any kind of outside shot, it would be a game changer. Then a nice jump hook. Rudy would be unstoppable. I really cannot wait for the season to start.

Wes I don't know what's the difference between move or form, but I mean according to what we can see in this short video, does Rudy shoot 3 points the right way and have a good base to develop his shoot?

Sent from my MI 9 using JazzFanz mobile app

Think his form in general, at least from this angle, looks pretty good actually but the whole process is a bit long. And like Cy said, as much as I’m loving the idea and essentially promoting it, I’m not sure it’s smart b-ball. If we still had Favors, then it makes more sense to me. But without him, I don’t know. Unless he and Davis can co-exist for a killer 10 minutes a night or something.

He made a better percentage than that dude shooting from the corner in the video

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Rudy broke the dunks record for a reason, seeing him shoot 3's is fun but wont be implemented any time soon.
This.
I would prefer him to just continue to dominate the paint. Make it his domain and perfect it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Rudy broke the dunks record for a reason, seeing him shoot 3's is fun but wont be implemented any time soon.

I don’t have a dog in this fight and recognize that Rudy being by the basket is spacing the floor, and overall prefer him to do what he does, but the hypothetical value of him shooting threes doesn’t come from the points he scores on them, but rather the possessions that are altered by his defender being closer to him should he be moved out to the perimeter.

I don’t have a dog in this fight and recognize that Rudy being by the basket is spacing the floor, and overall prefer him to do what he does, but the hypothetical value of him shooting threes doesn’t come from the points he scores on them, but rather the possessions that are altered by his defender being closer to him should he be moved out to the perimeter.
Which would require him to shoot a ton of shots to deserve that rep which would cost the team a ton of points and certainly cost games.

The only value is for trick plays. Otherwise, this is frankly dumb. His next step is learning to attack mismatches and converting on hooks and layups, not purposefully mitigating his strength.

Lastly, if this is a cherry-picked excerpt, he is nowhere close to being good enough to ever consider taking these shots on purpose.

With our current roster we now have the ability to surround Rudy with shooting at every position for all of his 35 minutes a game. We don't need him taking 3's, we need him to space the floor as a rim runner, be dominant in the pick and roll and get offensive rebounds and putbacks.

Which would require him to shoot a ton of shots to deserve that rep which would cost the team a ton of points and certainly cost games.

The only value is for trick plays. Otherwise, this is frankly dumb. His next step is learning to attack mismatches and converting on hooks and layups, not purposefully mitigating his strength.
Yeah, I’m not arguing for it, just trying to help people sharpen their argument against it. I don’t think it would require shooting a lot of them. He could take one a game and it’d be enough to space the floor. It’s not that long ago that good three point shooters were averaging less than two attempts per game, and often way less.

Lol back in my play days I was pretty terrible at offense but I could drain those open 3's all day. While I do think he can develop a 17 footer, this really means absolutely nothing.

Yeah, I’m not arguing for it, just trying to help people sharpen their argument against it. I don’t think it would require shooting a lot of them. He could take one a game and it’d be enough to space the floor. It’s not that long ago that good three point shooters were averaging less than two attempts per game, and often way less.
There’ll probably be plenty of blowout games this year. In other words, minutes to try a few things out without worrying about their efficiency