What's new

Rudy Gay on Rudy Gobert trade and Jazz post-Gobert trade

stitches

2023 Prediction Contest Winner

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfEWZTAlC8I

(at around 9 minute mark)

Some highlights:
- keeps switching perspective saying "my team" and "we" with "they"...
- Rudy is a guy that defensively helped us a lot and saved us a lot. He's a great player.
- Fitting that he leaves when coach Quin left, because Quin depended on him so much
- The team has to find a way to still be competitive defensively without Rudy, because it's going to be tough. He changes the game defensively and Minnesota got a hell of a defender
- Funny that he goes there after the comments made by some of their players last season that they don't fear him defensively... "Why?"
- He gets hated on, but yet, the numbers don't lie and he's been great for us defensively.
- Don't know how him and KAT are going to play together... not for me to figure out, but I know he's a good defender.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfEWZTAlC8I

(at around 9 minute mark)

Some highlights:
- keeps switching perspective saying "my team" and "we" with "they"...
- Rudy is a guy that defensively helped us a lot and saved us a lot. He's a great player.
- Fitting that he leaves when coach Quin left, because Quin depended on him so much
- The team has to find a way to still be competitive defensively without Rudy, because it's going to be tough. He changes the game defensively and Minnesota got a hell of a defender
- Funny that he goes there after the comments made by some of their players last season that they don't fear him defensively... "Why?"
- He gets hated on, but yet, the numbers don't lie and he's been great for us defensively.
- Don't know how him and KAT are going to play together... not for me to figure out, but I know he's a good defender.

Interesting that it was "he gets hated on but the numbers don't lie" and not "he gets hated on but he's a good guy and the numbers don't lie". I admittedly haven't listened, but did he say anything personally about Gobert, or just about his defense?

Interesting that it was "he gets hated on but the numbers don't lie" and not "he gets hated on but he's a good guy and the numbers don't lie". I admittedly haven't listened, but did he say anything personally about Gobert, or just about his defense?
He actually didn’t talk that long about Gobert, that was the second topic the first was about Kevin Durant. The last was about the Highland Park shooter. I thought he was very respectful towards the jazz and towards Gobert.

Kudos to @stitches for posting and allowing us to see another side of Gay. Here’s hoping that he feels more “adjusted” (got into that as well) in his second season here.