What's new

Rudy Gobert aka dikembe mutombo on steroids.

berkkobe

I accept all the hate and blame against me for not supporting this kid but;

He is special. GO JAZZ GO.

We are one SG left to contend. Find one get one or give moneyy to jimmy b

He's gotta bump his blocks to get to Mutombos level but he could get there. Also, could Rudy be the first player in however many years to average >15 rebounds per game? I think it is a possibility.

Edit:

Ok I looked it up. In the last 20 years 3 players have achieved that. Dennis Rodman (3 times), Ben Wallace (once) and Kevin Love (once). Gotta give props to Rodman. He lead the league in rebounding 7 years in a row, with his highest average at 18.66.

I think realistically that Rudy could join that club the way he playing now.

Rudy is growing so fast and adding new skillsets so rapidly i wouldn't be surprised if he started getting tons of steals or develop an outside shot. It seems like blocks decreased and rebounds shot up. I'm sure scouting and fear have an impact, but Rudy's passion to be the best by perfecting each part off his game is the biggest reason. He's just getting started!

He's gotta bump his blocks to get to Mutombos level but he could get there. Also, could Rudy be the first player in however many years to average >15 rebounds per game? I think it is a possibility.

Edit:

Ok I looked it up. In the last 20 years 3 players have achieved that. Dennis Rodman (3 times), Ben Wallace (once) and Kevin Love (once). Gotta give props to Rodman. He lead the league in rebounding 7 years in a row, with his highest average at 18.66.

I think realistically that Rudy could join that club the way he playing now.

You're welcome to my Dennis Rodman thread, sir.

I accept all the hate and blame against me for not supporting this kid but;

He is special. GO JAZZ GO.

We are one SG left to contend. Find one get one or give moneyy to jimmy b

Anyone else notice how much Berkkobe's grammar has improved over the past few years? I used to think he was a genius who employed poor grammar as a means to project himself as a legit gangsta/Compton-ite. Simply put, I used to think it was all about persona.

I would like to see Rudy Gobert be better at obtaining contested rebounds. He is good but he isn't Hasan Whiteside levels of good at getting contested rebounds.

Last 4 games he's rebounded and blocked shots like prime Dwight Howard.

He just needs to find more offense.

I would like to see Rudy Gobert be better at obtaining contested rebounds. He is good but he isn't Hasan Whiteside levels of good at getting contested rebounds.

Who cares if he doesn't do what Whiteside does? Rudy actually impacts the game and gets us wins. No way our win record would be even close to the same if we replaced Rudy with Whiteside

Anyone else notice how much Berkkobe's grammar has improved over the past few years? I used to think he was a genius who employed poor grammar as a means to project himself as a legit gangsta/Compton-ite. Simply put, I used to think it was all about persona.

Damn it feels good to be a Turkish gangsta.
A Turkish Gangsta trades Enes when the time's right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand how you could possibly complain about the rebounding of a player who is averaging over 17 rebounds a game this month.

I don't understand how you could possibly complain about the rebounding of a player who is averaging over 17 rebounds a game this month.

Rudy could improve his hands, both in terms of rebounds and on offense. He doesn't fumble as many passes as he did last year, but he does still need work in that area.

And yet he isn't in the top 15 for obtaining contested rebounds per game (Kanter is 7th on that list btw).

A large reason is he doesn't average some of those minutes other guys do but even if you factor in minutes played he isn't omg amazing elite. Dikembe Mutombo averaged over 14 rebounds a game for a couple seasons. In order to become a "Dikembe Mutombo on steroids" you have to nitpit every little thing even if Gobert is great at that aspect already.

I don't know. He is pretty good at keeping the ball alive. It isn't a huge stretch for him to start tapping those to himself rather than toward the back court.

Last 4 games he's rebounded and blocked shots like prime Dwight Howard.

He just needs to find more offense.

And the amazing for me is that we see him try a new O move, or two, every single game. Doesn't always turn out well but he is even trying to improve during games. It was the last game or two and he tried to straight up back his man down for a dunk. That was new.

But for me the best part will be when he does not win a single NBA award, especially DPOY. The league better watch out in 2015/16. Rudy is going to want retribution.

And the amazing for me is that we see him try a new O move, or two, every single game. Doesn't always turn out well but he is even trying to improve during games. It was the last game or two and he tried to straight up back his man down for a dunk. That was new.

But for me the best part will be when he does not win a single NBA award, especially DPOY. The league better watch out in 2015/16. Rudy is going to want retribution.

Have to agree with this and I'm excited as hell because he isn't static. He'll find a few go-to moves that will work. The rest will simply be put-backs and garbage buckets. But points are points, no? Favors finding his mid-range shot (already doing it) will help Gobert immensely as well because he'll have extra space to work.

You guys are right, we should complain about Gobert. I saw a shot that he didn't block the other night. Wow, we should trade him while we can still get something for him...;)

I am taking SAT courses right now so i am glad to hear about the development in my grammar skills.

But, I used poor grammar and meaningless words because i want to.

Rudy Gobert isn't Mutumbo on steroids. He's literally, Slenderman. Yeah, you heard it here first, folks. He's that damn scary.