What's new

Rudy Gobert Highlights vs. Miami -- deserves its own thread

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
This guy is getting better by the hour. Look at his passing and his free-throw shooting. He didn't even pick up a foul in the 2nd half last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3GoJoE_UGc

That was a fun game.
Gobert is a beast.

Hoods shot is beautiful

It was impressive to set the screen for Hayward at the end of the quarter and then get the rebound and tip-in off the miss. He also runs the floor really well for a 7-footer. Will be fun to watch the game Sunday. Doubt Favors will play so maybe Rudy will get 30 mins.

I love the presence of mind he had on that kick out to Gordon for the three. He saw one defender who could cover the perimeter, so he knew not to telegraph his pass. Gordon was open for that three because of Gobert's no-look pass.

I love the presence of mind he had on that kick out to Gordon for the three. He saw one defender who could cover the perimeter, so he knew not to telegraph his pass. Gordon was open for that three because of Gobert's no-look pass.

What's better is that he got 2 assists in that game that way. No look to Kanter for 3 as well.

His entire game is improving. He even had some nice touch around the basket: no more hands of stone.
It was fun to see him break out with France, think about how good he would be this year if he could just maintain that level of play, and now see him just shatter those expectations on his upward rise. I honestly don't know what his ceiling is. Don't want to guess too low, don't want to dream too high.

How's this for improvement? Gobert had 4 assists last night. Last year, the entire year, he had 7.

You can tell from this pre-season that he's a great passing big. His rebounding has come along nicely. Would like to see more offense out of him, some shots he misses there is no excuse for him missing with that size but I guess it just takes time and I hope we can get him more minutes.

This guy is getting better by the hour. Look at his passing and his free-throw shooting. He didn't even pick up a foul in the 2nd half last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3GoJoE_UGc

My favorite player on the Jazz because he impacts the game so much! Oh, and by the way, is that Ersan Ilyasova peeking in on the video thumbnail?

You can tell from this pre-season that he's a great passing big.

This
I remember making a thread about the jazz scrimmage I went to last summer and doing a kind of play by play and summary of what I was watching for those who couldn't watch it and I was raving about how good of a passer he was

Cant get enough of the big fella, a real people's player. Wears his heart on his sleave, plays with emotion and winners mentality. Those highlights are fantastic - he is banging down the door for more minutes, he is so agile for a large unit 7ft plus.

With favors jumper coming along nicely he could be the long term anchor we have craved for years.

That reverse finger roll was the way Chamberlain used to do it. Of course, Rudy doesn't have Wilt's athleticism -- no one at that size ever has. But he's got similar measurements -- just needs to add some muscle (Chamberlain was incredibly strong, maybe the strongest man ever to play the game).

Rudy is learning to score around the basket in new ways. If he can do that, keep making defensive plays, and continue to improve his FTs he will put Kanter on the bench.

I bet we feel like a better team in the next few games because he'll be playing more. Not so much because Favors is out, just because Rudy is in. I bet we win some games here soon

Weren't the Spurs interested in him? Man, I would love to see what Duncan and Pop could make out of him. Glad he's on our team but it sucks that he received no coaching last year and just some scraps this year. I think he should start

The elephant in the living room would say that Gobert makes Favors redundant more than Kanter, since Favors has a similar skillset.

The elephant in the living room would say that Gobert makes Favors redundant more than Kanter, since Favors has a similar skillset.

Except they don't have a similar skillset at all. They have a similar weakness, which is not having floor spacing abilities.

Captain obvious says that he needs that shot out to 15 feet, he is all heart, still an ideal big, great energy and his skillswt is ever improving, I'd love to see him get to the point where he starts but he isn't there yet.