What's new

Rudy Gobert is Rather Unlikely to Fail | Nylon Calculus

VINYLONE

Bringin' the diversity!
Contributor
https://nyloncalculus.com/2015/09/01/rudy-gobert-is-rather-unlikely-to-fail/

Rudy Gobert had one of the biggest breakout season among NBA sophomores last year. Both his minutes played and effectiveness on a number of different measures rose dramatically. This, after a frankly so-so rookie campaign most notable for his particularly bad turn over numbers. Gobert’s improvement vaulted him to the top of the 2013 draft class, a cohort that has had an underwhelming reputation since well before the first name was called out by David Stern. This reputation has not significantly improved, given the struggles of many of the top picks....

HantlersE.jpg

Last edited:

So an article that ends thusly...(bold is my emphasis)

The odds are against Gobert being able to mimic Chandler’s developmental trajectory on offense. But since the end of last NBA season, he’s flashed some frisky inklings that might indicate otherwise, a turn of events that would be hugely valuable for the Jazz.

is somehow so offensive that it requires an internet trolling (read: online bullying) response?

You sure you're not one of those millenials at college that gets offended at everything?

I also like how the article Vinyl initially posted is about Gobert and how he had such a good sophomore year despite the only notable part of his rookie year was his insanely bad turnover rate, which is the ONLY thing Lowe had to go on when that article was published.

Basically, the articles are two cut from the same cloth, just a year apart.

Lowe was actually one of the first national writers hyping Gobert.

Geee..... the guy writes a long piece on how intriguing Gobert is saying that although the odds are against him becoming so good he is very intriguing and THEN the guy becomes all that Lowe said he COULD become and you want to troll him ???

Do you realize that what Lowe wrote falls perfectly in line with the NylonCalculus article : as a rookie he showed little but potential was there per Lowe (ie Nylon article shows that making conclusions from Rookie year is very sketchy) but once the player improves massively in his sophomore season (in ways that Lowe analysed if not predicted because odds are hard to make after a rookie season) his level becomes a lot easier to ascertain ?

I mean I suppose you wrot this in gest but come on !

Geee..... the guy writes a long piece on how intriguing Gobert is saying that although the odds are against him becoming so good he is very intriguing and THEN the guy becomes all that Lowe said he COULD become and you want to troll him ???

Do you realize that what Lowe wrote falls perfectly in line with the NylonCalculus article : as a rookie he showed little but potential was there per Lowe (ie Nylon article shows that making conclusions from Rookie year is very sketchy) but once the player improves massively in his sophomore season (in ways that Lowe analysed if not predicted because odds are hard to make after a rookie season) his level becomes a lot easier to ascertain ?

I mean I suppose you wrot this in gest but come on !

My goal is to get him to hate Utah Jazz. The any publicity will make the Jazz so much money it's insane. What I'm doing for this club is revolutionary so shut your ****ing yap!