What's new

Rule Clarification; Trolling

I saw them as they were unfolding.
I'm not a mod (thank God), so I don't really care, I was just providing my 2 cents... Which is about 3 cents overpriced.

glad you were there. It was one of the funniest things on this site in the past year+. For me, at least.

for the record, my beef with Roach started when he shamelessly **** all over my posts while I was trying to support him. Then, he went on to talk about how I'm as dense as his "daft nurses", and how there are "many doctors that sing his praises." It was hilarious. It was shortly after that when he committed himself to anti-trolling glory... and now, with his existential crisis and total confusion over what a rule is. I'll try to bump the threads if you need to see the record.

Not "singing his praises", but "speaking his name in reverence". It's probably my favorite quote of all time. So humble.

Not "singing his praises", but "speaking his name in reverence". It's probably my favorite quote of all time. So humble.

I think there were three quotes. I'm glad we now have them all represented in some form.

Not that anyone cares, but my opinion is that Roach engaged with both frank and NAOS with some unkindness ensuing.
Roach responded with some butt-hurt (when he should have just shrugged it off) while frank and NAOS responded by continually being demeaning and not letting up.

All should treat each other with a bit more respect.
I ONLY ever mess with those I'm comfortable can handle it/like it.
If I sense I'm really truly hurting someone's feelings I stop immediately.

So, in my world, trolling is NOT stopping when you know better.

url

I'd like to see those truly with a hurt butt (had to) use the site's ignore feature but I think that is used less than the dislike function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think people don't use ignore because you still get notified that the dude you have on ignore quoted you and allot people (myself included obviously) feel the need to defend themselves.

Jason/Colton,

Can I get some rule clarification on trolling please? Specifically the bolded part.

This reads to me if you're posting something you don't actually believe just to get reactions of others, it's grounds for mod action.

Is this still the case?

Yes, that's generally how I interpret trolling. Of course, there's various levels. If you're saying something that's funny or ironic which might also provoke reactions, that might not be considered to be trolling. But if (say) a Laker fan were to show up and do a lengthy post to the effect that "Jazz suck, Lakers rule!!" that would clearly run afoul of the trolling rule. So it's a judgment call on the part of the mods.

for the record, my beef with Roach started when he shamelessly **** all over my posts while I was trying to support him. Then, he went on to talk about how I'm as dense as his "daft nurses", and how there are "many doctors that sing his praises." It was hilarious. It was shortly after that when he committed himself to anti-trolling glory... and now, with his existential crisis and total confusion over what a rule is. I'll try to bump the threads if you need to see the record.

This dude has openly trolled me for months, constantly ****ting up threads I've not even had a part of, trying to drag me into them and acting like a full blown Dutcher. Now he's being a baby crying wolf about being trolled? Grow the f up.

Dr Jones, I appreciate your willingness to patronize, but enabling that kind of ******** is going to do nothing more than degrade this already depleted website.

Not that anyone cares, but my opinion is that Roach engaged with both frank and NAOS with some unkindness ensuing.
Roach responded with some butt-hurt (when he should have just shrugged it off) while frank and NAOS responded by continually being demeaning and not letting up.

All should treat each other with a bit more respect.
I ONLY ever mess with those I'm comfortable can handle it/like it.
If I sense I'm really truly hurting someone's feelings I stop immediately.

So, in my world, trolling is NOT stopping when you know better.

I think that's a good definition for it.

I like ElRoach, and I think he provides a badly needed leftist perspective. Franklin knows how to push his buttons, however, and ElRoach doesn't know how to get past it. I can tell that ElRoach now has Franklin in the back of his mind every time he posts.

It's entertaining, tbh, but I can sympathize. I remember Franklin pushing my buttons when I first joined the forums. He's really good at that.

This dude has openly trolled me for months, constantly ****ting up threads I've not even had a part of, trying to drag me into them and acting like a full blown Dutcher. Now he's being a baby crying wolf about being trolled? Grow the f up.

Dr Jones, I appreciate your willingness to patronize, but enabling that kind of ******** is going to do nothing more than degrade this already depleted website.

Willingness to patronize?? TrollOn frankie.

Yes, that's generally how I interpret trolling. Of course, there's various levels. If you're saying something that's funny or ironic which might also provoke reactions, that might not be considered to be trolling. But if (say) a Laker fan were to show up and do a lengthy post to the effect that "Jazz suck, Lakers rule!!" that would clearly run afoul of the trolling rule. So it's a judgment call on the part of the mods.

You just broke ElRoach0's heart. He was looking for you to make history.

I like ElRoach, and I think he provides a badly needed leftist perspective. Franklin knows how to push his buttons, however, and ElRoach doesn't know how to get past it. I can tell that ElRoach now has Franklin in the back of his mind every time he posts.

It's entertaining, tbh, but I can sympathize. I remember Franklin pushing my buttons when I first joined the forums. He's really good at that.

Heh. This site is drastically leftist.

I've never intentionally tried to push your buttons. If anything, I read in awe. I've only tried to push the buttons of 4-5 posters, all who I have a ton of respect for. NAOS and Fish are the main two.

And you've openly trolled the entire population of the board for years. What about it?

Heh. This site is drastically leftist.

I've never intentionally tried to push your buttons. If anything, I read in awe. I've only tried to push the buttons of 4-5 posters, all who I have a ton of respect for. NAOS and Fish are the main two.

Another example of trolling.... he can't possibly believe this, and yet he says it anyway

Thank you for your response and clarification. If you check a certain private board, a certain moderator acknowledges Franklin trolling on a specific topic, yet mod squad allows him to exist.

Your response?