What's new

Rumor: DMo to sign with Jazz if Favors misses extended time

This. Whitey is under rated by jazz fans. Never be a super star but to have a legit 7 footer who puts forth good effort with a nose for the ball to back up Rudy is invaluable.

I like him too. The problem is that there aren't really minutes for him if Favors is healthy.

Counter thought: Who would be more in favor trading for Andrew Bogut? He is owed 11 million this year and then a free agent. Would the Mavs take a 2nd round pick for him, or a 2nd rounder and Neto? How much can the Mavs get for Bogut, as they will most assuredly deal him this year.

Bogut would be massive upgrade over Withey and would give us a huge edge in the playoffs when Gobert isnt on the floor.

No, sign an extension so they can front load a ton of money into the years they will have more room under the the tax line.

Maybe so. Although Favors has been very open about wanting to be here and taking discounts to stay long term. He does not seem like he is holding out for more money or unwilling to work out an extension that is in both of their favors. If Favors is healthy by the end of next season he will get a lot of money in FA if that is what he wants. Dmo is not going to scare him out of money.

On that note if Dmo is willing to sign for this year and a team option for next year I say go for it. Trade away Mack or Neto (prefer that to be Mack...) for a any pick and sign him.

Counter thought: Who would be more in favor trading for Andrew Bogut? He is owed 11 million this year and then a free agent. Would the Mavs take a 2nd round pick for him, or a 2nd rounder and Neto? How much can the Mavs get for Bogut, as they will most assuredly deal him this year.

Bogut would be massive upgrade over Withey and would give us a huge edge in the playoffs when Gobert isnt on the floor.

That is not a bad idea. He could really help in the playoffs and in injury time. I would probably trade him for Withey and a second if Dallas would bite. Although other contenders might offer more.

That is not a bad idea. He could really help in the playoffs and in injury time. I would probably trade him for Withey and a second if Dallas would bite. Although other contenders might offer more.
Yeah, I figure they would get more. Would anyone entertain giving up the Warriors pick, which is basically guaranteed to be 30th overall? I'd probably say no, and would start using picks like that to establish a pool of foreign draft and stash players.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'd be in in a heartbeat. Bogut would be a ****ing stud off the bench and huge insurance for Gobert. Are we under the cap enough to take on that salary though?

I'd be in in a heartbeat. Bogut would be a ****ing stud of the bench and huge insurance for Gobert. Are we under the cap enough to take on that salary though?

Bogut only ever plays 15 mins anyway .. that might work. He could teach our guys all his dirty tricks and tough attitude.

I'd be in in a heartbeat. Bogut would be a ****ing stud of the bench and huge insurance for Gobert. Are we under the cap enough to take on that salary though?

What we'd give up depends on where we are come January imo. Right now I would not trade thta Dubs pick. But if we're 30-11 halfway through January and are on a major roll, I think it needs to be considered as I think we'd have shown enough to think we could make a deep playoff run. The Dubs are thin, Spurs are a cast of characters I don't quite trust in the playoffs, and Clips have never gone so far as to be considered unbeatable. We have proven even less but I think getting him would really round out our team if Favors and Burks are back as well. It would also give us the advantage in possibly re-signing him on a very reasonable deal.

That said, I think it also depends on where Favors is at at that point. If he's healthy and playing well, make the move. If not, maybe we try to upgrade at the 4 instead.

We need that space to get an extension done. The thing that we can offer Hill that other teams can't is more money this year. Unless the Mavs want to trade an aging veteran for another aging veteran(they don't) I don't see it happening.

We need that space to get an extension done. The thing that we can offer Hill that other teams can't is more money this year. Unless the Mavs want to trade an aging veteran for another aging veteran(they don't) I don't see it happening.

An extension is cool but it takes two sides to do an extension. I would think that is the #1 priority for the Jazz, so if they end up doing a trade or signing a guy like Dmo, it's because the extension talks failed.

If Hill and Favs said no to extensions I'd be happy with Bogut. Good defense... good fit with Lyles... good passer... he's also an ******* who sets dirty screens. We kind of need this type of guy.

I don't know if you guys are following what's going on with DMo, but something is really fishy... After he signed an offer sheet with the Nets, the Rockets matched it and DMo was supposed to report back to Houston today. He did NOT and his agent says they don't plan to report to the Rockets. It seems like his agent is trying to force the Rockets to make him a restricted FA again. And here comes the interesting part that again is connected to Utah. Here's what Rockets reporter said on Radio minutes ago:

Calvin Watkins on 790 says D-Mo's agent is trying to get the #Rockets to return him to RFA because another team has a bigger offer lined up.
❤️ (@htownhoopsgrl) December 6, 2016

And here is what the same user that posted the original Utah rumor posted on the clutchfans forum:
https://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/sources-utah-offering-more-money-to-dmo.279013/

I still think it doesn't make much sense for us to do it, but who knows?

lol at Rockets. Just let the guy go, he obviously burned all bridges with that organisation. Why would they even match that Nets deal, idiots.

I don't know if you guys are following what's going on with DMo, but something is really fishy... After he signed an offer sheet with the Nets, the Rockets matched it and DMo was supposed to report back to Houston today. He did NOT and his agent says they don't plan to report to the Rockets. It seems like his agent is trying to force the Rockets to make him a restricted FA again. And here comes the interesting part that again is connected to Utah. Here's what Rockets reporter said on Radio minutes ago:

And here is what the same user that posted the original Utah rumor posted on the clutchfans forum:
https://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/sources-utah-offering-more-money-to-dmo.279013/

I still think it doesn't make much sense for us to do it, but who knows?
Doesn't sound like DL to not offer more the first time round before he signed with BKN if the Jazz really wanted him.