What's new

Rumor: Warriors have interest in trading for Ingles if made available by the jazz.

I'd do the 3 for 1 in a heartbeat. I think the Frauds aka Jazz are being too sentimental over Joe. We need more bodies to throw around in the game. As it stands, Jazz are still building themselves in being regular season's champ.

Last edited:
I don't think GSW will actually include Moody personally.
They very well might, but they will probably want an additional piece along with Ingles, like an option to pick swap and a 2nd rounder, maybe an Elijah Hughes.

Adding Gay makes Joe more available.

I really hope this doesn't happen though. The idea of watching Draymond and Joe celebrate together makes me nauseous.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

**** I would do Moody for Ingles by itself but they can’t so they’d have to add Paschall and Looney to make it work salary wise. I would give them a 1st round pick swap and a 2nd if we had to. You guys are really underestimating Moody and the fact that Joe is an expiring contract and could very well retire next year.

So we gotta talk about how the path to the finals is actually still pretty open:

-The Lakers for all their star power are set to have the oldest team in history with very little spacing. I think they’re worse than last year.
-Kawhi is probably out for the year
-Murray might be out for the year
-Phoenix didn’t get any better, did they?
-Warriors are at least a piece away (very relevant to this discussion)

You trade Joe this year and you might be trading a ring. The roster has never been so legit.

It should be no mystery that GSW would consider sending such a haul for as perfect a piece as Joe.

I think the fact that there is such a good debate about this suggests there’s merit to the idea.

If Moody can play SF and he can pop this year, then I can be swung back to doing it.

As of right now, trading Joe or Bojan for picks or prospects is trading a chance at a championship for a re-tooling. If the Jazz’s hand were forced by totally striking out in free agency (and the draft), then I’d say it’s time for re-tooling, but that’s not how it’s played out.

Joe is so, so important to this team and unique in this league. The Jazz should only consider a trade if they’re getting bulled over with a crazy offer and that’s what this package kinda looks like.
See, if he can play SF, I'm more open to it. I'm still concerned that it seems he's mostly a scorer. If he can bring defense, then sign me up.
Another concern is how he fits next to Mitch-if it's a Lillard/McCollum pure offense combo, that's not really ideal. Especially since it won't matter for a couple years.
You're right that a trade for Joe hurts the championship run.

I don't know anything about the GSW draft picks, but I consider Paschall and Looney to be _100%_ cap fodder in a trade like this. I'm totally uninterested in anything the Warriors can offer without a really good prospect.

So we gotta talk about how the path to the finals is actually still pretty open:

-The Lakers for all their star power are set to have the oldest team in history with very little spacing. I think they’re worse than last year.
-Kawhi is probably out for the year
i've seen rumors that DeRozan is a threat to sign with one of the LA teams, especially since he's from there. That alters the calculus. Just food for thought.

My guess is the Jazz are only interested if we tell them we want Moody and GSW tells us no. Conversation ends.

Ingles has value as an expiring contract as well so we can't discount that his salary not being on the books is also part of his value of being on the team as a contributor.

But I would absolutely do a Moody/Paschall swap for Joe to get a young guy under a rookie contract with team control for years on our end.

i've seen rumors that DeRozan is a threat to sign with one of the LA teams, especially since he's from there. That alters the calculus. Just food for thought.
Sure. But I kinda think DeRozan is not a winning basketball player.

Adding Gay makes Joe more available.

I really hope this doesn't happen though. The idea of watching Draymond and Joe celebrate together makes me nauseous.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Honestly at this point, I'd argue (taking in to account my undying love for Joe) this actually makes Bojan way more valuable.
The perimeter still needs to be addressed, he's still one-dimensional, and probably has higher trade value.
Regardless of sentiment, Bojan makes more sense as trade bait.

No argument for me. The main concern is that DD can fill in every time Kawhi out so the offense doesn't drop off as much.
May or may not be correct.
I think the Clippers already burned their TPMLE on Batum though. And for the Lakers, I’d MUCH rather have Danny Green than Derozan.

Moody can't be traded for 30 days after signing his contract, correct?