What's new

Rumors of KOC's demise greatly.... accurate?

Sneakers

I keep hearing "Kevin this, Kevin that" in all of these post-draft press conferences. But he hasn't been at any of them. Even if he's not the "GM", I have to imagine that if he truly were heavily involved he would be on the dais with a microphone discussing these things. Was he even in the "war" room? I've seen no indication that he was.

I'm not sure this means anything, or is terribly important, but I did think it as interesting.

I keep hearing "Kevin this, Kevin that" in all of these post-draft press conferences. But he hasn't been at any of them. Even if he's not the "GM", I have to imagine that if he truly were heavily involved he would be on the dais with a microphone discussing these things. Was he even in the "war" room? I've seen no indication that he was.

I'm not sure this means anything, or is terribly important, but I did think it as interesting.

Lindsey thanked KOC for mentoring him through this process at the press conference.

I suspect the situation is flexible... kinda like how Danny Ferry rejoined the Spurs FO then left again..

Say want you want about KOC - he is a class act. He is deferring do his successor as he should in the public eye. I have no doubt that he was in the thick of things last night.

He was at the press conference today. Steve Miller introduced him.

Touche. I caught pretty much the whole thing but the very beginning when Steve Miller was doing the formalities. What an incredibly subdued presence from what we're used to. He did not even speak, right?

If not for KOC and his connections, the Jazz don't have Burke and would have been left holding their appendages last night at #14 and stuck with Larkin or Gobert.