What's new

Russell Westbrook: Enes Kanter should win Sixth Man of the Year

couscous

https://thunder.247sports.com/Bolt/...-Kanter-to-win-Sixth-Man-of-the-Year-43056856

The Oklahoma City Thunder have two All-Star caliber players on their roster in Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook but the team's star point guard feels that one of his teammates is also deserving of an individual honor.

According to Erik Horne of the Oklahoman, Westbrook took the time to prop up reserve big man Enes Kanter as one of the top candidates to win the league's Sixth Man of the Year award.

"It's not even a question," said Westbrook, according to Horne.

Kanter, who signed a lucrative contract with Oklahoma City this past summer, has made 44 appearances for the Thunder this season and is averaging 11.6 points and 7.4 rebounds in 20.3 minutes per game.

Gee, I wonder if any of the Jazz players thing Alec Burks should get consideration for it once he comes back healthy?

Teammates back each other up (unless they can't stand each other.) Nothing to see here.

Enes is playing great for them. I wish we could've gotten more out of a trade involving him.

But we needed to move Favors to his true position and give Gobert some burn. When healthy and playing together, Gobert and Favors were far better than any combination involving Kanter

I know shortly after he was traded he praised about how "great" it felt to play with an "all star pg." it was a d bag move. But isn't it true?

After watching 2+ seasons of the Jazz playing 3rd stringers at PG, our offense is almost painful to watch. Unless G is able to create, as he did against Beooklyn, our offense is one staggering mess.

I wish to see it addressed sometime in the next year. However, with so much invested into Exum, it might be hard to. It's too bad he tore his ACL. It would've been nice to see how his PG play might have progressed this year.

Enes is playing great for them. I wish we could've gotten more out of a trade involving him.

But we needed to move Favors to his true position and give Gobert some burn. When healthy and playing together, Gobert and Favors were far better than any combination involving Kanter

Just one player.

To bad Enes is a quitter and openly admitted he stopped always trying here. Hope he wins nothing. Ever.

To bad Enes is a quitter and openly admitted he stopped always trying here. Hope he wins nothing. Ever.

His team is one of top three teams in the NBA right now with a historically high points per possession. And their core is super young, he will have plenty of chance to win one before our cores do.

Teammate advocating another for an award?

What's next? A coach like Doc Rivers campaigning for a player to win Defensive Player of the Year?

His team is one of top three teams in the NBA right now with a historically high points per possession. And their core is super young, he will have plenty of chance to win one before our cores do.

But it doesn't change the fact in what he said. He admitted he didn't always give his all. Who wants that? That is half assed and ridiculous for anyone to back that kind of player. I don't care who he thinks he is. It's selfish, and not too mention childish. I don't give a **** about what he does anymore for the Thunder.

So does maturity, dedication and attitude.

I'm with themanknownassting, piss of Kanter you douche.

You're being trolled, as are many others here. Recognize it, and then move the thread to General Sports.

Immediately after that interview were Kanter says he didn't bring it all everyday Locke says it might be a language barrier. Kanter likely meant he didn't play well every night.

Immediately after that interview were Kanter says he didn't bring it all everyday Locke says it might be a language barrier. Kanter likely meant he didn't play well every night.

Regarding the 6th man talks, meh RW is his team mate. People are always going to stick up for their team mate.

Regarding the 6th man talks, meh RW is his team mate. People are always going to stick up for their team mate.

I don't doubt that Locke tried to play if off. I also don't buy the excuse.

I think he should be in the running