What's new

Russell Westbrook on Gobert's season

Lol at the unedited picture showing up to represent this thread on the app.
[MENTION=2142]addictionary[/MENTION] you should probably remove or edit the picture to avoid a trip to fractown

What's the pic? I don't have the app

What's the pic? I don't have the app

It is a picture of Westbrook with printed words on it..... one of those words is the n word.

The question presented Rudy as a major offensive threat, which I could understand RW not getting on board with. Rudy still isn't widely perceived by players as more than competent offensively, I'd imagine. But yeah, RW could've issued a boilerplate reply like "just gotta play right defensively."

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

His reaction is what I would have expected from him, but I hope that Gobert goes for 20/15 and stuff his *** twice in the win. Contain that.

The question presented Rudy as a major offensive threat, which I could understand RW not getting on board with. Rudy still isn't widely perceived by players as more than competent offensively, I'd imagine. But yeah, RW could've issued a boilerplate reply like "just gotta play right defensively."

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Winner

/thread

He wasn't being overly disrespectful. Gobert is a damn center, WB isn't worried about containing him. He has to do everything else for the team.

'
He laughed because the young girl's question should have been, "As the most explosive player in the NBA do you look forward to the challenge of going up against one of its best defensive players in Rudy Gobert?"

Give him something he can chew on.

This.

Its the same as when Lebron commented on Hayward for All-Star nod after we'd just beat them.

Reporter to Westbrook: "Gobert've been having a strong season, especially the last 4, what do you guys have to do to contain him". And Westbrook's reaction -

https://streamable.com/s8r6y

Similar reaction to when they asked him about Steph's defense during the finals.

"Contain" Gobert connotes how to stop his offense. Which I think is not their main focus. You talk about containing Harden, LeBron, KD. Not Rudy. That was how I interpreted it. It was not respectful for sure.