What's new

S&T Conley for Simmons

baka98

Would you do it if it were an option?

I have no idea, but I just don't think we'll end up keeping Conley and trying to figure out how we can get something on the D side to help us...
What does this team need?

It would have to be Conley, Bogdanovic, one of either Clarkson/Ingles plus Favors to make the salary work while staying under the apron. I don’t even think Philadelphia would have enough cap space to do this deal either.

To get Simmons, Conley wouldn’t be involved at all. It would have to be Bogdanovic/Ingles/Favors or something of that sort.

I like Simmons. We would revert back to an all defense team which is hard to accept, but still I would do it.

Simmons is good. But not with him and Rudy on the same team. Offensive limitation would kill our title hope for the next five seasons.

Literally would have to send 30M of salary back with Conley. Not going to happen. I don’t even think the 76ers can do that either.
If Conley was signed at $16, Favors and Conley would be over $25. That would be enough financially for it work. But what else would Philly want?

Who is looking to trade for Simmons?

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I'll pass on Ben. I just don't see it on so many levels.

He needs to go to a bottom feeder and figure out his bull ****. He will have the same issues in the playoffs until he learns to shoot. He likely never learns to shoot... its not something that just shows up one day.

Maybe more than anyone else in these playoffs, Simmons got exposed. He is completely unplayable in the 4th quarter, and that isn't changing anytime soon. Gobert's fault can be helped by getting the right personnel and not expecting him to guard guards as his primary assignment, but there is nothing you can do to fix Simmons utter dearth of confidence and shooting in the 4th quarter. Hell they didn't even have him on the tough defensive assignments because he would be more likely to get fouled if he forced a turnover. They had someone else handling the ball the entire 4th quarter. Believe the problems with Simmons are not just a single failure to make a dunk, but it's systemic as they tried to cover up his offensive weaknesses.

Simmons is the biggest paper tiger in the NBA right now.

Just say holy **** no to Simmons.

I don't like it at all. As others have said his complete refusal to shoot has been completely exposed to the entire league. If we think Rudy is a problem in the playoffs then Ben is a pandemic.