What's new

Saint Cy's Incredible Knowledge and Wisdom: Jazz Must Acquire Kyle Filipowski in the 2024 Draft

The Jazz won't have a pick if they make the playoffs, right? They would need to acquire a lottery pick for that guy.
Yeah, it will be tough to get him. There's a few teams with a lot of picks who might not want their picks though.

He's going to be a sophomore big without impressive measurements or athletic testing, so always a chance he drops more than he should.

Yeah, it will be tough to get him. There's a few teams with a lot of picks who might not want their picks though.

He's going to be a sophomore big without impressive measurements or athletic testing, so always a chance he drops more than he should.

How many top ten draft picks (not players) were simply traded away in the last 15 years?

How many top ten draft picks (not players) were simply traded away in the last 15 years?
No idea. There was a top 10 swap in this past year's draft.

Picks get traded constantly. I dont think it's that rare of a thing to where it's unlikely. There's a lot of teams who own a ton of picks, so there will be more movement as teams try to reposition themselves or figure out they dont need all the picks they currently have.

I would love to snag Fili and he should most definitely be a target if we keep our pick or want to trade into the draft if we don't.

How are we going to get him though? At this point we aren't going to get a pick. Would he be worth losing multiple garnered picks for?

White stiff. We need to get more athletic, not less.
Have you watched him this year compared to last year?

He's averaging a higher block rate than Taylor Hendricks did last year against better competition.

His stats have greatly improved across the board.

He's nearly doubled his assist rate while lowering his turnover percentage.

His block rate is nearly tripled from last season.

He's finishing at the rim 6% higher than last year. He's finishing in the paint 26% higher than last year.

He's increased his TS% by 7%.

He's 9% higher from 3 this year.

He's doing all this on lower usage than last year.

How are we going to get him though? At this point we aren't going to get a pick. Would he be worth losing multiple garnered picks for?
That's the hard part. The better he plays the harder it gets.

I can't imagine that Danny isnt in love with him though. He's Kelly Olynyk mixed with Sabonis.

Dude is going to be a complete stud in NBA No white stiff here. I was hoping we could snag him last year before he pulled out (That's what she said). He would have been mid round, but will be higher this year.

I'm extremely sceptical about his foot speed in the NBA. IMO Olynyk is a bad comparison, he doesn't have Kelly's creativity.

To me he's the second coming of Frank Kaminsky.

I'm extremely sceptical about his foot speed in the NBA. IMO Olynyk is a bad comparison, he doesn't have Kelly's creativity.

To me he's the second coming of Frank Kaminsky.
Did Kelly have Kelly's creativity this early in his career? Nah. Dude didnt even start getting consistent minutes until his final year in college.

Like I said, Flip has nearly doubled his assist rate this year.

Olynyk only averaged 1.7 assist per game his final year in college.

It's going to be hard to nail down what exactly Flip is at the next level. He's got a lot of different branches his game could extend to, but I'm fairly certain it's going to be an excellent ball player.

Another about Flip, a big thing you heard his detractors say last year is that he cant protect the rim.

He has a 7.5% block rate.

The 3 premier rim protectors in the class are: Clingan, Missi, and Garrison (early call, probably doesnt come out this year, but look out for him). Those 3 are at 9.8, 9.1, and 8.9 respectively.

So not far behind players who's strengths are their rim protection.